Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split Advice

High frequency low volume17070

csizemore21 private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody pref people who can squat in the 400s or higher have any experience with doing 5 squat sessions a week with low volume, but cycling loads like: max effort, dynamic effort, repetion effort, off, max effort dynamic ? With a few diff squat variations
Post 1 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
At my last competition I squatted 655 and I have never squatted more than 2x a week. 1x works best for me.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridge
What are the reasons for squatting 5x per week?
Post 3 IP   flag post
csizemore21 private msg quote post Address this user
@SRorhrbac0808. Do you just hammer everything once a week? @bridge increased frequency to practice the lift without hindering recovery. My incline press went from 255 to 335 rather quickly after increasing the frequency.
Post 4 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@csizemore21 I enjoyed squatting 3x per week a while back. Basically mixed it up with 5s, 3s, 1s on different days. I got tired of it after about a month and went back to 2x per week.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
I don't have a really high 1rm, but when I was squatting 4 days a week my 5rm and 3rm were by far the strongest they've ever been. I was cycling 5 reps, 3 reps, then 531 using different % of my 1rm each week.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jordan17 private msg quote post Address this user
@bridge If you didn't notice, that's the whole point of this thread... What's wrong with him asking if other people have done something similar?
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by csizemore21
@SRorhrbac0808. Do you just hammer everything once a week? @bridge increased frequency to practice the lift without hindering recovery. My incline press went from 255 to 335 rather quickly after increasing the frequency.

I can follow the logic here. I'd be wary of doing squats that often. Most of the people I know who have run anything remote similar (Smolov) have ended up with some sort of lower back problem if they do it for long, as the hips and thighs are usually able to handle more weight and/or do not fatigue as quickly as the spinal erectors. -3X
Post 8 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Quote:

I can follow the logic here. I'd be wary of doing squats that often. Most of the people I know who have run anything remote similar (Smolov) have ended up with some sort of lower back problem if they do it for long, as the hips and thighs are usually able to handle more weight and/or do not fatigue as quickly as the spinal erectors. -3X

Agreed, back gAve out way before legs.

I am doing 3 X weekly atm, using prilepins chart and INOL, so doing one heavy, one moderate and one dynamic session per week.
Post 9 IP   flag post
My program currently is

Monday- "fluff and buff". Basically upper body pump day that helps me actively recover and helps my joints.

Tuesday- off

Wednesday- deadlift training

Thursday- off

Friday- bench training

Saturday- off

Sunday- squat training

Comes out to upper 2x a week and lower 2x a week. For general progression I have found this works best for me. I can avoid injury and progress best like this. In 6 months I added 160lbs to my total and looking to repeat that again.
Post 10 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

lol im sure it was just the increased frequency
Post 11 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
At my last competition I squatted 655 and I have never squatted more than 2x a week. 1x works best for me.

Damn is this how I get fukin alpha strong Rhor???
Post 12 IP   flag post
Dbyrnes private msg quote post Address this user
I have a herniated disk and I've done squatting just about everyday in combination with candito's program. It was probably the best my back felt in a longtime. I think just getting more efficient in the squat helped me a ton. You just have to be smart about the intensity.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine0seven
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808

Damn is this how I get fukin alpha strong Rhor???

Possibly. It's all about finding what works best for you. Talk to two Olympian champions in bodybuilding and you will
Find two completely different ways of training and dieting..... Just need to put in the time and work to find what works best.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Aoverto7 private msg quote post Address this user
Have you ever looked in to doing DUP?

http://nickcheadlefitness.com/dont-give-up-do-dup/
Post 15 IP   flag post
340738 15 15
destitute