Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
NewbieProgress UpdateProtein ShakesSplit AdviceSupplements

Weight Gain concern17062

ArchT private msg quote post Address this user
Iv been maintaining almost the same workout pattern for 2.5 years now, which in a week includes 2 gym sessions, 1 home workout and 2 7.5km runs.
Iv been taking whey protein since February, started taking creatine at the begining of June and stopped it end of July.
The positive thing is that yes iv gained some muscle but it seems iv gained weight from 97kg to 104kg. This gives me a lil stress cos the gain has even had a bad impact on the 7.5km runs as i get tired quickly. It also seems like my clothes are getting a bit tighter, my size 38 is getting a lil uncomfortable.
Should I be worried or I should expect to cut weight size i stopped Creatine?

BE POLITE WITH YOUR RESPONSES PLEASE, WE ALL START SOMEWHERE
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Do you regularly track the number of calories you consume? Taking creatine should have no effect on your waistline. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
ArchT private msg quote post Address this user
Not all the time, but I do mostly with my home meals.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
If you're concerned about weight gain, you'll need to start. All the time. The only way to lose weight is to eat less than you're burning. No way around that. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
sdmusev private msg quote post Address this user
Hello ArchT!

You can be sure that it was not the creatine which made you gain excess weight but the food that you were consuming each day. Tell us what do you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You are definitely eating more than you are burning. As eknight said, if you are concerned about weight gain and you want to achieve some personal goals, you should start weighing your food with a kitchen scale and counting calories.
Post 5 IP   flag post
340630 5 5
destitute