Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
NewbieSplit AdviceTeen

I need professional help...17023

Tryingtomakegains private msg quote post Address this user
Alrighty guys...I'm 19 years old, 1,76m (5ft9 1/2) and 66kg (145lbs) with 8% bodyfat, my bodytype is probably ecto-meso with ecto dominance obviously... I've been working out for around 7ish mounths and so far I only gained 2 kg without any diet and probably the routine i was doing is super bad it was basicly a Bicep/chest day, followed by legs/shoulders and back/triceps...

tbh, the only part of my body that I saw gains was in my arms, I probably went from 29cm arm to a 33cm arm flexed which is still not that great...Now here's what im worried about, you guys will laugh at me srly but this is my marks at the big 3:

Bench Press: 143 lbs 1 rep max (At the moment I cant even press 10 reps with 110lbs)
Squat: 110 lbs for 5 reps (and im struggling already) (never tested the 1 rep max here)
Deadlift: 121 lbs for 5 reps (same situation as in the squat)

So guys as you can see i'm pretty weak, if it helps on anything I can do about 25 pushups and 3 pullups, cant do dips tho

Need big help guys, routine training, diet, etc...

Thanks in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post

As if it even matters, heres a couple of pictures of how I look...pretty ridiculous right??
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
There are 2 stickies that will cover every possible thing a beginner would need. Did you read those before you posted? -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
@Tryingtomakegains no one's laughing buddy, we all start somewhere.

Have you looked at the top two threads, the FAQ, and the routines thread? If not, I strongly recommend you do, and then any questions relating get to the information in there, we will be more than happy to answer, as it is far easier for us to answer specific questions relating get to the information in the thread than to cover everything.

Look forward to your questions.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Alright guys, I took a time and read it the 2 stickies, heres my doubts..

1-It is adviced for beginners to do a strenght routine as I seen, the ICF seems to be pretty good, I prefer it over the strong lifts because The stron ifts workout seem to be too "small", I mean, only 3 exercices per day? And I feel like since i do gym for 7 months I dont get that much soreness the day after so I should incorporate more exercices. Am I thinking wrong?

2-I actualy had a routine who was adviced by someone on some other forum here it go:

Upper day:

Bench Press 3 sets of 5 reps
Barbell Row 3 sets of 5 reps
Military Press 3 sets of 6-10 reps
Wide-grip Pulldowns 3 sets of 6-10 reps
Incline DB Press 2 sets of 8-12 reps
Close-grip Cable Rows 2 sets of 8-12 reps
Barbell Curls/Skullcrushers 2 supersets of 8-12 reps

Lower day:
Squat 3 sets of 5 reps
Deadlift 2 sets of 5 reps
Walking Lunges 3 sets of 8-12 step per leg
Leg Press 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Laying Leg Curls 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Standing Calf Raises 4 sets of 15-20 reps

Upper-Lower-Rest-Upper-Lower-Rest-Rest

My question is, should I do this or the ICF?

3-From the stage of Novice to Intermiate, how do I know when I am intermiate? Is it by how much I lift on the big 3?

4-My right shoulder (anterior delt) hurts when i'm bench pressing...I squeaze my shoulder blades, I pop the chest out and have a slight arch on my back, left anterior delt doesnt complain, but the right one does...I got long arms, maybe I shouldnt come all the way down to the chest? Maybe try to bring the bar 1 inch above the chest?

5-What body type do I seem to be from the photos? Pure ecto? Or Ecto-meso?

Thanks guys.
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
1. Yes you're thinking wrong. Soreness is not an indicator of the effectiveness of a workout.
2. I wouldn't personally advise that routine because it will create too many functional imbalances.
3. You're a novice. If you have to ask, you're a novice.
4. Stopping the bar path before you touch your chest is going to make the problem worse. The shoulder joints were not evolved to stop weight midway through the loading phase of a lift.
5. Body somatotypes are a myth. They don't exist and this idea has been debunked for several decades everywhere except the bodybuilding community. You're a Homo sapien sapien. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'll forget about that workout and start the ICF one
https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout

Good enough?
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Add some hamstring curls and that's a nice start. -3X
Post 8 IP   flag post
alright man, until when you think I should keeping this routine up? How should the big 3 lifts be to move on to another phase?
Post 9 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
As long as you're making gains, you don't change. At least a year. I once ran a program for 8 years non-stop. -3X
Post 10 IP   flag post
btw, would you consider a 225lbs bench press decent enough for a intermidiate? Or stil novice?

Another question is, what can I do with my bench press problem then on my shoulder?
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
The first question is highly subjective. I was still what I would consider a beginner when I hit that.

Correct your shoulder problem. Have you seen your MD about it? A physical therapist? Anyone? -3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
I dont have budjet for that...
Post 13 IP   flag post
340617 13 13
destitute