Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Progress PicsProgress UpdateSplit AdviceTraining LogTraining Programs

Log to 2/3/417022

Snowboard901 private msg quote post Address this user
I used to post on here a while ago but this summer I barely worked out due to summer classes and full time work and extra lawn mowing after work. But now I'm really wanting to hit my goals.

Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 162
Body fat% (Optional): I'm guessing 20
Bench: 205 lb
Squat: 240 lb
Deadlift: 310 lb
Experience Level: I would really only count 6 months.
Goals: 2/3/4 bench squat deadlift and to gain some muscle.
Progress/Transformation/Starting reference photos

I will most likely be following a Upper/Lower split and workout 4 days a week. If you have any advice please feel free to leave it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
8/4/15 - Legs
Squat- 135x5 165x5 185x5 195x5 135x12
SLDL- 135x10 155x10 175x8
Leg Press- 360x10 450x12
Leg Curl- 90x10x10x10
Lunge- 30x10x10
Calf Press- 180x20 230x17x15

Notes- Just trying to get myself used to squating. It's been a few weeks. Everything felt great tho.
Post 2 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck man
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
What kind of U/L are you looking to do? Your goals scream out to me "Westside for Skinny Bastards!!" <-- that's the actual name of DeFranco's program, not a reflection of your physique. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
What kind of U/L are you looking to do? Your goals scream out to me "Westside for Skinny Bastards!!" <-- that's the actual name of DeFranco's program, not a reflection of your physique. -3X

I agree with this
Post 5 IP   flag post
Zepa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight

I heard westside for Skinny Bastards is good program. I can send you some notes if you plan on starting the program.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@_RudeCrew thanks!

@eknight I had taken a look at that earlier and know that you guys say that I think your right. I know you always advise not to mess with programs but I had seen someone that changed it up with the only difference being the second leg day having you deadlift heavy instead of explosive leg workout. Would that be an acceptable change?

@Zepa if you don't mind that would be great!
Post 7 IP   flag post
I would strongly advise not changing the dynamic/explosive day. Aids in recovery, is great for practicing technique and also helps teach you to lift explosively and blow through sticking points.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Snowboard901 I will send you PM once I get home
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Zepa thanks man. I appreciate it!

@_RudeCrew okay thank you!
Post 10 IP   flag post
8/5/15- Pull
BB Row- 115x8 125x8x8 135x6
Low Row- 105x10 120x10 135x8x7
Lat Pulldown- 135x8 150x8 165x7
Facepull-30x15x15x15x15
BB Curl- 60x8x8x8

Notes- I plan on starting Ws4sb this weekend. I wanted to workout with my neighbor one last time before he leaves for school. So after tomorrow I'll take a day or two off and begin WS4SB. Thank you @Zepa , @_RudeCrew , and @eknight for the advice and help.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I am taking today off and starting ws4sb tomorrow and will be fine getting the first week worth of workouts it but may struggle the week after due to moving in to college for my freshman year and living in a fraternity house.
Post 12 IP   flag post
-Day 1 ME Upper-

•Bench: 135x5 155x5 165x5 175x3 PR

•Incline DB: 35x15 40x15 Rep PR

•Bent-Over Row: 115x10x10x10x9

•Facepull: 30x12x12x15 40x12

•DB Shrug: 60x15 65x15x15x15

•BB Curl: 50x15 Rep PR 50x10x10x10

-Notes: 165x5 flew up on bench but 175 was a struggle for 3. I think I should have went to 170. Hit some new Rep PR which was great. Next week for ME Upper should I go for 175 again and go for an extra rep or do 170x5? That's where I'm kinda struggling with how you determine what you should do next week. Or should I just go by feel. Tomorrows workout will get pushed back due to driving to the lake tonight and coming home Sunday morning. So will hit Lower Sunday.
Post 13 IP   flag post
-Day 2 ME Squat-

•Squat: 135x5 165x5 185x5 200x5 205x5 PR

•Split Squat: 20x12x12x12

•SLDL: 135x12x12x12

•AB Circuit: Sit-up, V-up , Rower, Leg Raise

-Notes: Ended up getting home last night and hit this workout after the lake. Today was my Off day and tomorrow is RE Upper. I have changed the order of the workouts around a little bit from notes that @Zepa was nice enough to send me so my days will go ME Upper, ME Squat, Rest, Repetition Upper, ME Deadlift, Rest, Rest.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Snowboard901 there are bunch of templates out there. Here are 2 more versions

MONDAY – Max-Effort Upper Body
TUESDAY – Dynamic-Effort Lower Body
WEDNESDAY – Off
THURSDAY – Repetition Upper Body
FRIDAY – Max-Effort Lower Body
SATURDAY – Off
SUNDAY – Off

MONDAY – Max-Effort Lower Body
TUESDAY – Off
WEDNESDAY – Max-Effort Upper Body
THURSDAY – Off
FRIDAY – Dynamic-Effort Lower Body
SATURDAY – Off
SUNDAY – Repetition Upper Body

Second one is similar to mine westside method
Post 15 IP   flag post
Had forgotten to update. Had did a Reppetiton upper and another lower workout. Took today off and will most likely end up taking tomorrow off aswell since I'll be moving into college. I'll post my last two workouts tomorrow.
Post 16 IP   flag post
340762 16 16
destitute