Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Bench PressBulkingPower LiftingTraining Programs

Smolov Jr16989

Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
Any thoughts on it? Just hit 320 for a single and thought of trying Smolov Jr to push my limits at under 195. It would be my first actual program since I just really do PPL as a recreational bodybuilder. (And yes I know about the FAQ, I was just hoping that some people could share some experiences)
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't personally run it again. There's just not enough back work/pulling to offset the benching volume unless you plan on stretching for literally an hour a day. I was actually on the next to last set of the next to last workout when I tore my pec. 12 years as a powerlifter and I never had an injury. 3 weeks on Jr and BAM! -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
I wouldn't personally run it again. There's just not enough back work/pulling to offset the benching volume unless you plan on stretching for literally an hour a day. I was actually on the next to last set of the next to last workout when I tore my pec. 12 years as a powerlifter and I never had an injury. 3 weeks on Jr and BAM! -3X

Because you're OLD
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
And still benching more than you, young buck! -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳
Post 5 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Haha ok ok
Post 6 IP   flag post
lolssons private msg quote post Address this user
I actually did run smolov jr 4weeks ago and just like Ek I hurt myself on the next to the last workout. I got a minor tear (strain) in my right shoulder. Have not been able to do barely any upper body work since. But feels better now and might be able to start building it back up now.

This is even tho I did a lot of rowing and band pull aparts every workout.

Would not recommend because of the injury risk
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
@lolssons @eknight you both really make it convincing to run this program! I was actually thinking that this program would be too much on me and I wasn't sure where the other pulling work would go. Thanks!
Post 8 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
I hurt myself on a smolov experiment. sprained or tore my right groin muscle. the word Jr at the end still doesn't sound comforting.
Post 9 IP   flag post
IGS private msg quote post Address this user
Olympic hopeful I know uses it and full smolov all the time.
Has put some numbers on his squat.
Post 10 IP   flag post
340614 10 10
destitute