Bench Presses
Bent-Over Rows
Overhead Barbell Presses
Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
Barbell Curls
Calf Raises
Plus 2-3 for abs on off days.

Leangains:

directly from the site, the minimalist routine: http://www.leangains.com/2009/01/minimalist.html?m=1

Bench press
Push-ups
Chin-ups
Squats
Leg extensions
Deadlifts
Pull-ups

"Though I've added some lifts to my arsenal," <--meaning he's doing more than the 7 he listed. I would think 2-3 is a reasonable presumption.

So what's your excuse now? -3X
Post 52 IP   flag post
shredm private msg quote post Address this user
I count 7 exercices from all pro minus the abs, and its basically the same upper body lift i use in mine but obviously my routine is not good at all! Also ive never seen this routine from leangains but i have see many different one from this site and ripped body and the lits are squats dl chins ohp bench. So no, you are not always right like you seem to believe.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Really?

All Pro Beginner:
Squats
Bench Presses
Bent-Over Rows
Overhead Barbell Presses
Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
Barbell Curls
Calf Raises
Plus 2-3 for abs on off days.

Leangains:

directly from the site, the minimalist routine: http://www.leangains.com/2009/01/minimalist.html?m=1

Bench press
Push-ups
Chin-ups
Squats
Leg extensions
Deadlifts
Pull-ups

"Though I've added some lifts to my arsenal," <--meaning he's doing more than the 7 he listed. I would think 2-3 is a reasonable presumption.

So what's your excuse now? -3X

Both of those routine contain less than 10 exercices and if i add a deadlift variation to mine, what i will do, its basically the same routine.

So what's your excuse now?
Post 54 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredm
I count 7 exercices from all pro minus the abs

You CAN'T minus the abs, Einstein! They're still exercised. Hey I count 0 exercises if you minus everything! As you've done the entire thread, you try to ignore something that doesn't fit your bias. Well guess what? The ab exercises are still there, so there's more than 7 exercises. And I fucking linked the leangains page! How am I wrong?? You're unbelievable. Tell you what- you keep wrecking that skinny body of yours with whatever routine you want. Keep undertraining your triceps (which is why the back of your arm is flat as a board, Mr. "They're my best body part" ), undertraining your hamstrings and lower back, and continue making subpar results with your subpar routine. I'll keep repping your maxes. But please don't chickenshit hide behind a poorly veiled question of "what does everyone think of my routine?" When it's clear that what you really mean is "please support my routine because I'm going to do it no matter what because I'm just too stubborn admit I might be wrong!"

There's no way around this at all- the routine you asked about in the first post is inadequate. There's nothing for lateral delts, nothing for your rotator cuff, nothing for hamstrings, nothing for your core. It just screams to me, "the designer of this routine doesn't know shit about kinesiology and the importance of balance and functionality, and it will create overuse injuries in the knees, shoulders, and lower back."

Have fun with all of that. -3X
Post 55 IP   flag post

Even with abs its 8 not 10 exercices, strong math skills.
Post 56 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
Even with abs its 8 not 10 exercices, strong math skills.

Really? 7 + crunches + obliques + TVA = 10

Strong math skills.

Just because you're too lazy to do more than one exercise for abs doesn't mean everyone is. A complete ab routine- especially one done on an off day from weights- is not just a single exercise.

But hey- even if you want to slack on abs as much as everything else, and you only do one exercise, 8>6.

So your original proposal is STILL not adequate. Care to address the lateral delt/rotator cuff/hamstring/core issues that you have dodged every time any of them have been raised? Won't hold my breath... -3X
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight

There's no way around this at all- the routine you asked about in the first post is inadequate. There's nothing for lateral delts, nothing for your rotator cuff, nothing for hamstrings, nothing for your core. It just screams to me, "the designer of this routine doesn't know shit about kinesiology and the importance of balance and functionality, and it will create overuse injuries in the knees, shoulders, and lower back."

Have fun with all of that. -3X

So i guess All Pro and leangains routines are also inadequate since there's nothing for lateral delts and rotator cuff too. Just lol.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Dont worry i will add to my routine RDL and abs but wait i know what you will say " your routine is inadequate blablabla" only because its my personal routine and not designed by a guy with knowledge in kinesiology like you!
Post 59 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
What exactly are you laughing at? Every week I see 3-5 patients with overuse injuries in their shoulders and another half dozen with rotator cuff tear repairs because they followed piss poor routines like those for years. Those routines are physical therapists' wet dreams, so yeah, knock yourself out there!

I'll let you in on a little secret though- just because a routine is popular or made by someone who has a cool Internet site doesn't mean it's great, or even good. Ask some of the guys here who have taken into account my clinical advice on shoulders and knees and how it's affected them and their training. Textbook kinesiology will always, always, ALWAYS, trump Internet bro-routines. You don't believe that now but you will in 30 years (or less) when you can't work out at all anymore or even pick up a gallon of water without pain.

Honestly couldn't care at all what you add to your routine. In three months you won't be posting here any longer because your self-made routine won't be giving you the results you want or you'll be injured (or both) and your own pride will keep you from admitting you were wrong. We've all seen this play out before with guys in much better shape than you. Swayze, anyone?

Either way, I'm out. If you want to wreck your body, it's your body. -3X
Post 60 IP   flag post
You are probably right, i dont know shit about kinesiology. But this mean that All Pro and Leangains are both unbalanced routine that wont provide results and will eventually lead to Injuries?
Post 61 IP   flag post
jbarr69 private msg quote post Address this user
Do you really think its a full routine off a pros page? Its most likely 1/3 of it as they dont give out their shit for free...
Post 62 IP   flag post
@jbarr69

https://www.reddit.com/r/leangains/comments/1jjrci/former_berkhan_client_ama
Post 63 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
"The routine he gave me was this:
Back Day
Deads - 2x3-5
OHP - 2x6-8
Chins - 2x4-6
Back-supported rows - 2x6-8
CG Chins - 1x6-10
Chest Day
BP - 2x6-8
Inc DB Bench - 2x6-8
Barbell Curls - 2x6-8
Tri Ext - 2x6-8
Leg Day
Squat/Leg Press - 2x6-8
Hamstring curl machine - 2x6-8
Leg extensions - 2x6-8
Calves (any exercise) - 1x12-16"

13 exercises. Not 6. Not 10. -3X
Post 64 IP   flag post
Colossus private msg quote post Address this user
Interestingly long thread this one, considering tha OP doesn't really want to learn as it would imply changes to it's own believes. I would just stop feeding this steril discussion!
Post 65 IP   flag post
@Colossus
I am here to learn man, and i already know that a more traditional routine like the one eknight suggest will provide better results obviously. The only thing i am not agree with him is that a simple routine can build muscles while this guys basically says that if you dont do more than 10 exercices, its a complete waste of time, wich is completely stupid.
Post 66 IP   flag post
A_em private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I am here to learn man

ehmm no, you are not.

What is the point in putting an effort into something while more experienced people tell you you are doing it wrong. Or that you will fail in some time?

Such approach is always surprising for me. If you start doing sth, do it right or give up at once.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_em

If you start doing sth, do it right or give up at once.

Thats such a stupid statement. So if i dont train 4 times a week with sessions that last more than 1hours, i should not train at all and be better lie on the couch all day long. I guess the 20 mins sessions of only pullups and dips ive done since 3 years regullary were a waste of time, i should have gave up, just fucking lol.
Post 68 IP   flag post
A_em private msg quote post Address this user
@shredm, you just don't want to take the advice you were given, nor understand what I am talking about, so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus
I would just stop feeding this steril discussion!

No need to burn onself out.

Good luck, though
Post 69 IP   flag post
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/2lkxuf/been_doing_nothing_but_chinspull_ups_for_years/

Tell to this guy that he should have gave up too because he do not "Do It Right", you should consider people goals before criticize them and what theyre doing...
Post 70 IP   flag post
Tamere02 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/2lkxuf/been_doing_nothing_but_chinspull_ups_for_years/

Tell to this guy that he should have gave up too because he do not "Do It Right", you should consider people goals before criticize them and what theyre doing...

I don't think anyones goal is to waste 8 years working out to still have skinny Harry Style legs at the end of it.
Post 71 IP   flag post
@Tamere02
Yeah, its just to show that peoples working out have different goals and theyre not only one way to do it like everyone in this thread seem to believe.
Post 72 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
you guys have wasted so much time on this thread
Post 73 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
If your goal was to create a functionally imbalanced physique, with very little muscle, and come off as a stubborn ass-clown douche, mission accomplished! 👍

Otherwise, yes it's a waste of time to work out in a way that leaves you with more imbalances than you started with. No matter how you spin it, no matter what you argue or debate, that's what those minimalist BS routines do. Now, I know you won't address any of the actual points I've made, just like you didn't address the fact that every routine you've suggested has more than 6 exercises, and the last one has 13. I don't expect a response, but for the love of God stop acting like you know what you're doing when it's apparent you have no clue.

You seriously started a thread asking what we all thought, and when not one single person agreed with your set-up, have continued to defend it to the bitter end, with such delusional statements as "triceps are my best body part," "I look better than most people who work out with other routines," and "I can't add because I think 6 and 10 are the same number." Really, it's about enough. You're clearly going to do whatever you want no matter what anyone tells you, but how about leaving the rest of us out of it? -3X
Post 74 IP   flag post
To resume you, if i dont have the motivation nor the time to do a standart routine like the one you proposed i am just " wasting my time ", i should just not train at all.

All the people recommending abbreviated routine are wrong and it wont do shit, like Eliott Hulse with Front Squats Deadlifts Chins Dips, Oh fuck only 4 exercices !( i know, its a waste of time )

You are always right anyway, i am done with you.
Post 75 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
@shredm

I just want to let you know that you've had a decently long dialogue with @eknight.

I think if you had spent a bit more time on the boards and done a bit more reading before asking (no harm in asking though) you would realize how much help you are being given.

Its not very often you will come across somebody so willing to help and such little cost. In fact no cost in this scenario. The dude is the equivalent of a rocket scientist for the body with countless achievements. Although what he says is pretty blunt and not sugar coated, its for good reason. You are being spoon fed a ton of knowledge in just this thread. It would be best that you go back through with a pen and paper and write down some important notes.

Another thing, you keep mentioning other people, Eliott Hulse... Take a step back and think as to why you agree with them. Is it because they have made successful youtube channels?, have tons of instagram followers, are semi famous on the internet? You should email them and ask this same question. I highly doubt you will get a reply that is even remotely close to the quality of the info that @eknight is sharing with you.

Just food for thought.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Zepa private msg quote post Address this user
/end
Post 77 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
@shredm - i am not sure if you know this or not but @eknight is actually the doctor from the television series "HOUSE".. keep that in mind next time you fuck around.
Post 78 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@the1

-3X
Post 79 IP   flag post
340740 79 29
destitute