Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Power LiftingPowerlifting BeltSplit Advice

Belt talk.16961

Rand private msg quote post Address this user
Just wondering how people feel about wearing belts in each of the three lifts.

I feel like the belt helps me the most in the squat. It's almost an essential for me when going heavy. It gives me a ton of support and confidence. I wear it low and tight as possible

Deadlift. I don't think the belt gives me much on the deadlift. But it does add something. I don't feel and more confident that it is protecting me from injury. I wear it higher and looser than the squat.

Bench. Not important. I may put it on for a max lift but I don't thing it does anything for me.

How do you guys use your belt on the big three? Where is it the most important.
Post 1 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
I feel it working the best for me on Squats.

Don't like it at all on Deads. I don't feel like I can get a good breath for it to truly be effective. It's very uncomfortable for me. With that said, for max effort singles or doubles I can tough it out and it definitely adds lbs to my lift and I do feel less strain on my lower back. May have to experiment with different positions and/or tightness.

I've never worn a belt for Bench.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MMB private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
Just wondering how people feel about wearing belts in each of the three lifts.

I feel like the belt helps me the most in the squat. It's almost an essential for me when going heavy. It gives me a ton of support and confidence. I wear it low and tight as possible

Deadlift. I don't think the belt gives me much on the deadlift. But it does add something. I don't feel and more confident that it is protecting me from injury. I wear it higher and looser than the squat.

Bench. Not important. I may put it on for a max lift but I don't thing it does anything for me.

How do you guys use your belt on the big three? Where is it the most important.

Exact same for me!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
i wear my belt during every set, every rep, every exercise.
Post 4 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
I wear my belt whenever I feel like I need it , heavy squats/deads/bench/curls/shoulder presses

accustomed to doing so after 10 years of training like that, and yes I do find I have a weak core partly because of it and lack of ab/core training.
Post 5 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
If I told you.... I would
Have to kill you
Post 6 IP   flag post
GrizzlyBerg private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
Have to kill you
Post 7 IP   flag post
Rand private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBerg
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
Have to kill you

@SRorhrbac0808 tell Grizzly, then @GrizzlyBerg tell @SRorhrbac0808 then we can all watch a epic rumble.

Dont kill each other though lets see a deadlift battle!
Post 8 IP   flag post
340624 8 8
destitute