Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Female FitnessSplit Advice

Figure Competition16947

Jen25 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone, I'm thinking training to compete in a figure competition next year, and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for me? I currently do crossfit about 3 times a week and I'm going to start supplementing with some heavier weight at the gym. I've been leaning up pretty quickly with crossfit but if any of you have experience with figure competing, I would greatly appreciate the input!
Post 1 IP   flag post
GetFitGoFigure private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Jen, being a Crossfitter gives you a great advantage and starting point to sculpt your body for the stage. Depending on where you are at currently, you will need to tailor your program to meet your goals. Crossfit is intense. You will want to find a good balance between a bodybuilding lifting program and your crossfit regime. I have worked with woman that continued to crossfit while also focusing on a figure focused lifting regime. Each program looked different based on their muscularity, past injuries, abilities, current metabolic rate, maintenance cals, goals,and so on and so forth. You can take a look at the SS faq to forge a training program for yourself but you may want to seek a personal trainer for physique and program advice regarding your strengths and weaknesses and how to NOT overdo it while simultaneously dabbling in both worlds.
Post 2 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
If you're doing crossfit you're probably not ready to compete in figure. MAYBE bikini, but not figure.
Post 3 IP   flag post
GetFitGoFigure private msg quote post Address this user
@nine0seven I disagree... those crossfit chicks are BUFF! For example, one of my clients took 1st in all three of her figure classes and missed overall by 1 point. She did all crossfit and yoga prior to starting a cut phase for her first contest. There are many factors that play into a persons physique after having done any sport... its not black and white and I don't think you can say that crossfit chicks only have the muscularity for bikini....

although... we can have opinions all day long. We need pics of Jen....
Post 4 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetFitGoFigure

Yes, and more pics of you wouldn't hurt either.
Post 5 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetFitGoFigure
@nine0seven I disagree... those crossfit chicks are BUFF! For example, one of my clients took 1st in all three of her figure classes and missed overall by 1 point. She did all crossfit and yoga prior to starting a cut phase for her first contest. There are many factors that play into a persons physique after having done any sport... its not black and white and I don't think you can say that crossfit chicks only have the muscularity for bikini....

True. We need pics of Jen...but my opinion still stands (;
Post 6 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
True^
We don't know what she looks like. Yes some crossfit gals are buff but that's mostly the actually pro top level girls.

Pictures would help tbh
Post 7 IP   flag post
340739 7 7
destitute