BulkingCuttingMotivationPHATTraining Programs

After-cut and summer advices: bulk now?16936

Pdv92 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys.
Long story short:
5' 9'' (174 cm)
143 pounds (65 kg)
23 yo

Started from skinny-fat condition (lost almost 60 pounds in a short time when I was 18-19). Been training for few years. The first ones a total waste of time and money, last one the only one I've feel I've done something.

In the photos you can see my actual condition, after few months of cutting. Lost almost 15 pounds over 4 months. I wanted to be lean for the summer, but I realized I didn't have that much muscle to begin with.

Now...
I think I can't achieve anything more cutting.
1. Can I start working again on building muscles without losing definition and not make thing worse for the beach time?

2. Would you suggest me starting PHAT? I've read good things about it. I think that maybe a simplified-beginner version of it would be nice.

My goal is AESTHETICS, so I aim to something that allows me to slowly add muscles and build an aesthetically good and proportionate body.

Don't mock me too much! :P
I'm already depressed because I didn't reach the goal I've worked for :/

Post 1 IP   flag post
JHughes private msg quote post Address this user
@Pdv92 nobody is going to mock you. They will shoot with you straight. Get ready.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yea, I know that. Ahahah.
Point is: I've had to fix my skinny-fat condition to begin with. And it was REAAALLY hard.
I feel safe with adding some real muscle only NOW, and I'm desperate not to ruin my condition once again.

I feel like I can have a good base to work with, I know that I'm SUPERSKINNY according to any bb standard.
Post 3 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
If your main concern right now is looking good for the beach the best thing you can do right now is maintain your body fat/ eat maintenance calories. This will allow you to get stronger and make progression in the gym. You have to do what makes you happy. And if you want to look good at the beach then just maintain here and you will be happy with strength going up in the gym. The body you want will take years but you can get there.
Post 4 IP   flag post
So... slowly upping towards calories maintenance and keeping there, then starting a clean bulk again from september would be a good plan?

What about running PHAT or similar programs at maintenance calories? Can it be of any use?
Post 5 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Yah. I would focus on getting in enough calories to recover and gym performance.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Any more tips? :/
Post 7 IP   flag post
JHughes private msg quote post Address this user
@Pdv92 I started in Januray 2015 at 215lbs with the goal of hitting 170lbs by August 2015. This was my first time dieting to maintain muscle and didn't realize the difference. I made it 195lbs by July and started cutting calories more down to 1,850. Thankfully for this online community and some guys who have been down this road many times, got me to rethink and take a break. @SRorhrbac0808 is hitting the nail on the head for you.

I have been on a diet break since July 27th and I am just now feeling really good. May calories are back up in the 2500-2600 range my weight has come up from 195 to 200lbs and is steady. I start my next fat loss phase Sept 7th for 10-12 weeks.

Being a guy who is 5'5" and was 248lbs the summer of 2010, I know the mental battle what it means to "bring up them calories" dont freak out. Your body, your mind and your emotions will thank you!
Post 8 IP   flag post
340613 8 8
destitute