Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
NewbieSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Starting strength?16930

chibulls21 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone I have been doing some research on what training programs would be best for me and I came across the book "starting strength" has anyone tried this and if so is it worth it?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Zepa private msg quote post Address this user
Its solid routine and loads of people had success with it.

I recommend reading FAQ. You can find other great novice routines there so you could choose what looks best for you clickable text
Post 2 IP   flag post
Okay cool I guess I will just have to take it one step at a time. I'm trying to shy away from machine only workouts..
Post 3 IP   flag post
Zepa private msg quote post Address this user
@chibulls21 barbells and dumbbells is all you need anyways
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
FAQ http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/13958/simply-shredded-faq---read-before-posting/

Routine Design for Dummies http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/16702/routine-design-for-dummies-10/
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone its truly appreciated. Just having trouble seeing serious definition any advice helps!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
@chibulls21 I'm assuming your relatively new into lifting. One of the hardest things about working out is patience. Not everyone has it. If you stick with your diet and workouts you'll get your definition
Post 7 IP   flag post
Yeah I've been working out off and on mainly for sports and whatnot but yeah I will admit I sometimes lack the motivation.
Post 8 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
With linear progression programs like SS you will gain momentum over time so that should keep you motivated! Yes, the lifts might start out easy but think about it like jogging to gain momentum into an all out sprint.

I wish I had known about Starting Strength and similar programs years ago. So you've got that going for you too.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks I appreciate it. It just seems like 3 workouts 3 times a week is not enough but I am a novice so I could very well be wrong.
Post 10 IP   flag post
340735 10 10
destitute