Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Plateau BustingSplit Advice

Training platue?16929

IamRiot private msg quote post Address this user
Hey,

I am quite stuck atm,
Ive been training for 2 years serious now and those 2 years i did push pull legs i did change the training style and exercises but since a couple weeks i dont feel a pump anymore.
i dont know if i should just move on to another workout split and which one is recommended i want to keep the volume high and frequency at every muscle group twice a week any tips on what to do?

Stats 80 kg
Bf about 8-10%
height 185cm
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
As long as you're progressing with the weight you use, I wouldn't change anything. And I definitely wouldn't use "pump" as an indicator of growth or effectiveness. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
As long as you're progressing with the weight you use, I wouldn't change anything. And I definitely wouldn't use "pump" as an indicator of growth or effectiveness. -3X

I could bench 110 kg easily before and now 105 kg is a struggle could this all be because im cutting?
Post 3 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight

I could bench 110 kg easily before and now 105 kg is a struggle could this all be because im cutting?

Yes
Post 4 IP   flag post
Wouldnt it be better to switch it all up?
Post 5 IP   flag post
this cut has made me more demotivated than anything ever before
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Wouldnt it be better to switch it all up?

No, unless your routine is not optimal. If your routine was designed by a pro and is fun (and not just something that was thrown together by a random bro) then I would stick with it.

Quote:
this cut has made me more demotivated than anything ever before

Hopefully you are seeing some results on the scale. This article is good to keep in mind when cutting. You might not be as physically strong but your physique will look better during/after your cut:

https://www.t-nation.com/training/truth-about-bulking

Scroll down to "Examples of Illusion"
Post 7 IP   flag post
Ye i dont do cardio cuz i keep losing 0.5-0.7 kg per week and iam pretty sure the routine i use currently is made by someone who knows his shit http://wannabebig.com/forums/threads/218044-Training-Program-Tom-Mutaffis-Hypertrophy-Hybrid-Six-Day-Split-(PPL-2X-Week) here it is
Post 8 IP   flag post
@IamRiot as long as you're enjoying the process I believe you should stick with the program... yeah, the loss of strength sucks but that comes with any cut.

The worst thing you can do is to lift too much and get injured. That will screw up everything so be reasonable with the heavy weights and your expectations.

If your motivation is truly lagging then maybe its time to take a break from the dieting and regroup.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Ye i tought about a short time off or a non counting day to get the body a little bit of more food for once and than get back on it or maybe go on a 4 days a week split
Post 10 IP   flag post
Also ive been kind of focussing on hyperthropy alot the weight has been lowered alot and the reps are now 10-15 would it be important to add some strength training again?
Post 11 IP   flag post
340734 11 11
destitute