Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Injury RecoverySplit Advice

Quickest Way16924

Rusty private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Guys,

So I've had a break over the past month due to fasting and work/life getting on top of me, not been getting anywhere near the calories I was eating,

Back in the gym next week and just wondering what the quickest way is to get back to where I was,

I was on the PHAT Program, lifts are below
Deadlift - 3x5 120kg
Squat - 3x3 100kg
Bench - 3x3 55kg

There's no way I could go straight back into PHAT even with reducing the weight due to the amount of time I've been off and the affect it would have on my CNS,

Any thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Zepa private msg quote post Address this user
Eat, eat, eat more.

Tbh I would do PHAT but I would just reduce volume
Post 2 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@Rusty I hated the amount of diff exercises in PHAT spent half the time in the gym waiting on the next machine area it was mental. Plus it's just volume overload...
Want ur strength back.. Run a strength program..
Start with wendler !!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Zepa private msg quote post Address this user
@FiremanSi 531 is monthly progression if I am not wrong. Wouldnt that be maybe too slow ?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Starting strength is great. Really fast progression, not many exercises. With enough food and rest you'd probably be back to your lifts in no time.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Rusty private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/amp-marc-megnas-8-week-aesthetics-meets-performance-trainer.html

Thoughts on the AMP Workout?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/amp-marc-megnas-8-week-aesthetics-meets-performance-trainer.html

Thoughts on the AMP Workout?

What are your goals? If you want to bring up your squat, bench, and dead, then squat, bench, and dead.

That program has a ton of cardio, which is fine, but it won't necessarily help you achieve upping your lifts.
Post 7 IP   flag post
340614 7 7
destitute