Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingMotivationSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Working out while travelling every month16879

acheb private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone!

I will be starting work in around 1 month. My job involves work between two countries all year round so I would be on average 2 weeks in my home country and 2 weeks out of my country. At times, I might have to stay to up to 3 weeks out of town. During my time there I won't probably have access to any gym and very little time to work out.

So my question is if it is possible for someone to keep on track and gain muscle mass if he goes to gym for 2 weeks straight and take 2 weeks off EVERY single month. And if that is not possible at all, what do you guys think I could do because I am seeing a lot of progress and i still have a long way to go.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Post 1 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Either find a way to get your workouts in or don't work out at all. No excuses. Find a way or be a quitter
Post 2 IP   flag post
Tamere02 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine0seven
Either find a way to get your workouts in or don't work out at all. No excuses. Find a way or be a quitter

When I originally read this I thought it was harsh and unhelpfull until I read OP's post.

@acheb
"I probably wont have access to a gym"= find a gym membership at a gym in the foreign country. If you were travelling to different countries every month I would understand but if its the same two countries you can have access to a gym you just don't want too.

"Very little time to workout"= We got people who work and study fulltime and manage to find time on this bored. We have a few posters who pulled out 80+ hour weeks at work and had time to workout and prep for a show. We got people who work fulltime have time to be a parent and spend time with their kids and also workout........... But you will have 'very little time'.

Only advice I have is if you want results enough to post on here looking for advice you should want results enough to find a way to get the work done.
Post 3 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
@acheb it's not ideal but I believe you can still make progress with a 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off format.

I know it sounds crazy but this approach will help you avoid injuries. Most lifters get injured during the course of a year and end up missing significant time (several weeks or perhaps 1-2 months after all the injury time is added up).

If you can figure out a way to workout when you're traveling and make the most of your time at home!
Post 4 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of hotels have fitness rooms. Might not be the best equipment, but you can make it work. Otherwise; pushups, table dips, planks, situps, leg raises, bodyweight squats, standing calf raise, etc. Make it work.

Also, lots of gyms will let you pay a day rate to use the place without being a member.
Post 5 IP   flag post
340621 5 5
destitute