Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Fayzeh private msg quote post Address this user
Layne Norton suggests shake with dextrose during workout. Jim Stoppani recommends high glycemic carbs (dextrose) rite after to replenish muscle glycogen fast.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
What is peri-workout? Is this the same as intraworkout? If you eat beforehand, it's really not needed. If you're getting more energy DURING your workout, it's not from something you're taking while you're training. Strong placebo, but if it works, I guess stay with it. -3X

yeah I mean intra-workout, they use "peri-workout" a lot on my other forum. idk I feel like it helps a ton, especially since usually halfway through my workout I start getting that empty stomach feeling and hungry.

would an insulin spike be caused by eating/drinking simple carbs like that happen? and would that help give the energy boost they talk about?
Post 27 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight no I never believed that and never tried. I always saw it and whenever I made a comment about it I would get swarmed with "hater".
Post 28 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayzeh
Layne Norton suggests shake with dextrose during workout.

Interesting, given this:

@Bucky- well it would certainly help the emptiness in your stomach, but the carb energy just doesn't get to you that quickly. -3X
Post 29 IP   flag post
"I suggest one consume 35% of their total daily carbohydrates in a meal 1.5 to 2 hours before their workout as this will allow the carbohydrates adequate time to be digested and enter the bloodstream. I also suggest consuming a shake composed of 30-40g of whey protein along with dextrose or maltodextrin during their workout." -http://www.simplyshredded.com/layne-norton-the-most-effective-cutting-diet.html

Layne Norton says that people accuse him of contradicting himself. He just changes his recommendations when new scientific data comes along.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Beans private msg quote post Address this user
@Fayzeh A lot of the content in articles written by him on this site are outdated in terms of what he currently preaches. He does change his views often, but I guess that's better than continuing to say things yoi don't beleive.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
but I guess that's better than continuing to say things yoi don't beleive.

100% with you there!
Post 32 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayzeh
"I suggest one consume 35% of their total daily carbohydrates in a meal 1.5 to 2 hours before their workout as this will allow the carbohydrates adequate time to be digested and enter the bloodstream. I also suggest consuming a shake composed of 30-40g of whey protein along with dextrose or maltodextrin during their workout." -http://www.simplyshredded.com/layne-norton-the-most-effective-cutting-diet.html

If you would have read all the way to the end you would have seen this:

"Disclaimer: Please note that this article is an archived article from Dr. Norton and may no longer reflect all his views on the subject. Please see his website www.biolayne.com and his column in Muscular Development magazine to keep up with his current views."

-3X
Post 33 IP   flag post
Thanks for his current view @eknight. Takes time to go thru articles/podcast for valid data.
Post 34 IP   flag post
340614 34 9
destitute