Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CardioCuttingNewbieSplit Advice

Help with HIIT16852

spider07 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi. New here. I want to lose body fat and weight of course. I am currently 210 lbs, want to get to 185lbs. I have been doing the below for a few months with little results, so any help will be appreciated:

I use a heavy bag a lot. I start with a 5 min warmup, jogging, light punches, kicks, etc. I do 18 one minute rounds with a 30 second rest between each round. I do a bunch of different stuff for example:
RD 1 - Box
Rd 2 - Squat Jumps
Rd 3 - curls free weights
rd 4 leg lifts
Rd 5 - box
rd 6 - box
rd 7, crunches
rd 8 jumping jacks
rd 9 box
rd 10 jump rope
rd 11 tricep work with resistance bands
rd 12 box
rd 13 Front Kicks
rd 14 crunches
rd 15 bench press with free weights
rd 16 squat jumps
rd 17 Crunches
rd 18 box

Rest and stretch for 3 min

5 min burn out - 1 5 min round mixing up all the above as fast as I can possibly go.

cool down - 5 min.. light jog, walk, etc.

I have been doing this for 2 months, 4-6 days a week and I hav not lost 1 lb. I eat fairly healthy and monitor it closely 1900 calories a day on average. 8 bottles of water every day.

Any thoughts on what I can do different>?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Not eating nearly enough. If you started that low on cals you probably plateaued really quickly.
Post 2 IP   flag post
What should be my target intake? Can a high calorie drink work instead of actual food.. I don't have a lot of time to eat much more than I am currently, hard to get that in now.
Post 3 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Figure out your required intake. Check out our FAQ thread under the section "1.0 Nutrition".

http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/13958/simply-shredded-faq---read-before-posting/

There are some calculators there. Read the entire post also. Lots of good info.

And don't use the excuse "i don't have time to eat". It is not optimal to drink your calories. Food is best. Try to eat a little more at each meal or pick more calorie dense foods. 1900 calories is like 2 meals for me.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you. According to the calculators I am way off, I need another 1400 calories a day. Dang.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
@spider07 Don't have time to eat? I never understood that one. I could eat 2000 calories worth of peanut butter in 2 minutes if I had some water. What do you do, chew each bite 100 times?
Post 6 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@spider07 SLowly add ur calories in weekly about 100-200 per week based on ur appetite and u'll actually probably notice additional weight loss as u ramp up ur calories.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Tamere02 private msg quote post Address this user
@spider07
Everyone above got you covered on the nutrition aspect. I just want to add that what you described above, while it is interval training isn't really HIIT.
Post 8 IP   flag post
hushman private msg quote post Address this user
This routine is the prime example of what you need to get ripped. all the rounds, sets and exercises are laid out in the video...

The video shows you how to lose weight fast using HIIT or the intervals you mentioned in your questions but overall...

HIIT has been provd over & over to speed up fat loss over steady state cardio
Post 9 IP   flag post
kozzletoff private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamere02
@spider07
Everyone above got you covered on the nutrition aspect. I just want to add that what you described above, while it is interval training isn't really HIIT.
agreed. I think you're better off doing HIIT with some kind of sprint. A lot less complicated than your routine and probably more effective
Post 10 IP   flag post
340614 10 10
destitute