Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split AdviceTraining ProgramsWTF

Anyone with credibility GTFIH16841

TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
So I'm not sure if anybody follows TheOnlineCoach or even you tubers but he's getting crap for basically "stealing" other programs and making it into his own. It's called SHUL basically a combination of all the programs including Brandon Campbells PHUL etc. Raymond (TheOnlineCoach) claims he never heard of PHUL and he's selling his program for $20 just like that.. Quick.

Some guy Russel Taylor called him out and eventually started a huge debate including Alberto Nunez, matt Ogus , And Brandon Campbell.
Maybe even Lyle because he was mentioned. This is my question for people who write programs
When you are a coach and you design a program for the clients goals and sell it is that all of a sudden a crime? When the program you made consists of other programs techniques?

People are now unsubscribing and canceling their coaching with this dude..
I feel like it's sort of unfair. It's just weightlifting.

The source is on his FB
https://m.facebook.com/russell.taylor2?fref=nf

This is one of the comments by some guy.
Cube: literally ripped off from Brian Carroll
Powerlifting To Win: Basically the lovechild of TM and RTS
BBSM: Block periodization with high volume accessory work
Cube Kingpin: Cube plus a strongman accessory
etc

Errbody wanna claim originality but errbody forget it's just lifting weights.
Post 1 IP   flag post
blackbull private msg quote post Address this user
You called?
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
It's not "just lifting weights" if you have taken the time to create a routine and you make a living by being a coach or trainer. I can see where people would be upset over this sort of thing.

BTW, @blackbull, nice to see you again 3six9. What took you so long to come back? -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
yes but so does Raymond, coaching and his reputation on YouTube feeds his family and himself and keeps a roof over his head. I feel like he was just targeted because if you think about it.... there are soooo many trainers out there who do the same thing so what's the big deal with him? Did he have to call him out and potentially ruin his business?

Isn't that just business and how it goes?
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I don't really know enough about the whole thing to comment more, but you're a bright guy, @TimmothyGen. You should be able to tell- just from the posts and threads here- how insecure guys in their 20s and 30s who take bodybuilding seriously often are. They turn everything into a pissing contest. Nothing in this industry surprises me. I wrote my EKnight's WSBB routine for Muscle&Strength.com and within a few months, it was all over the web. Shit happens I guess. -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@TimmothyGen I watch a lot of YouTube and unsubbed from him because he would have 20mins of dribble, not blogging but talking to himself more than an audience and has his mate, who he bans if u abuse, because he's Definately a moron and it's like he's trying to promote his mate half the time...

On the topic of programs the difference is.. Brandon, powerliftingToWin who I both rate highly gave out their programs for FREE and he's charging money for it.. The minute u do that ur allowing urself to be open to scrutiny..

Most programs are not original.. Most THOUGHTS on general are not original it's very hard to find something these days that isn't an amalgamation of others thoughts..

And when someone like Brandon or jonnie Candito write a program it's because it is the method or structure that they found either worked for them or for clients and friends they train or coach.

Brandon openly says his is a combo of wendler, cube and stuff he learned from Dan green and also got help from Gareth Blevins for details.

But he minute u claim it's urs and urs alone and charge for it...
U signed ur own ticket for abuse ESPECIALLY on YouTube with all these little shithead keyboard warriors !!
Post 6 IP   flag post
blackbull private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
It's not "just lifting weights" if you have taken the time to create a routine and you make a living by being a coach or trainer. I can see where people would be upset over this sort of thing.

BTW, @blackbull, nice to see you again 3six9. What took you so long to come back? -3X

UMM I think you maybe delusional and overstepping the mark tbh.
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I think that seals it. -3X
Post 8 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
@TimmothyGen A) the cube kingpin being cube is just adding strongman, it doesn't matter, both designed by Brandon. Also, I think that few routines are original now, but, it's just different ways of producing results. It's hard to be truly original in your thinking. I guess where to draw the line is hard, and I wouldn't know where to put it. Where I make routines for others, I always say "I got this Idea from X programme", but I do think charge for it at the moment, so I guess it wouldn't matter, but I do it out of respect.
Post 9 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
every program / workout / diet i write, is completely written from scratch or trial/error with my clients.. i dont use any of those programs nor watch any youtube videos of any of those guys you mentioned

but thats just me
Post 10 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Let me start off by saying I have no credibility.

Routines are just a compilation of exercises that none of those guys invented. I don't really know the situation, but if the guy's routine is a good one and not a bunch of crap, I can't imagine myself getting too upset about it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
He made a frik amount of money and Baught a new m3.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@TimmothyGen so they're jelly.
Post 13 IP   flag post
He found a way to buy a car without doing g4p.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Ha g4p very common among bodybuilders...
But seriously though he's hustlin...People who coach online on YouTube and run a company makes a lot of money it's ridic... I think Guzman made 200k or so off just shirts... And his new company.
I stopped watching him though because every video he kept trying to sell me something I don't like that.
Post 15 IP   flag post
340762 15 15
destitute