Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split Advice

Need a workout, Starting Strength not for me16814

wannagetswole private msg quote post Address this user
so this week I started Starting Strenght, I like the idea of adding weight every time you go back, but here's a few problems for me,

too many squats, I don't want such big legs, (i've naturally got big ones)
I need to develop my tricep more
And it's a strength program

I'm also doing SS on a cut, I want to go to atleast 170lbs

But my ideal physique is a lean one like Bruce Lee or an atheltic one, I want strength and fitness, I don't mind being that big but I wanna be lean

But if not I also kinda want aesthetics,

So what workout routine would you guys recommend?

I like SS concept but I'm not sure if it's for me as I wanna train all my body, also I hope to see abs one day but at the moment I'm around about 25% bf but I do need to build muscle as I'm kinda weak
Post 1 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Your name is @wannagetswole. Note the "swole" part.

You don't want to do squats.
You want a lean body like Bruce Lee (he is NOT swole)

Make up your damn mind.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
I've always been a big fan of push pull legs. It allows for variety while still being balanced. Easy to schedule and change up rep schemes as well.

I'd aldo recommend reading the FAQ thread.
Post 3 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
What do you mean naturally "BIG"
Like is it actual muscle? Big tear drops and sweeps? Big hamstrings? Muscular hamstrings?

I don't understand when people say such things...
Post 4 IP   flag post
@TimmothyGen haha I remember a while back some new poster said the same thing, people gave him shit, then he posted a pic of his massive legs. Some people just have those genetics.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
@Beans hahaha i remember that too, was hilarious cuz he had better legs than 99% of the people on here
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Zyzzst lol seriously, I was astounded. I wasn't even jealous, I already have trouble buying pants
Post 7 IP   flag post
Lol sorry I just need a good routine lets keep it simple, one that I'll look decent in and okay on cut and bulk, PPL seems okay, any other suggestion?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
@wannagetswole stick with a program longer than a week would be a good suggestion.. and if you're 25% BF, how in the world do you know if you have large legs or not? you have fat legs.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Bucky I think you're right, I've just look up PPL and I think that looks better for me, I wanna train all my body parts though, e.g Bicep and Tricep, not just in compound movements, I will continue working legs though
Post 10 IP   flag post
@wannagetswole it's great for doing compunds and accessories. I ran it for 2 years cutting and bulking, switched around exercises to fit my needs and mixed high and low reps.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Beans Thanks, I guess PPL it is, did you do it just 3x a week or did you do it PPL then after one day after legs you restarted PPL etc? Shouldn't you train muscles 2x a week for maximum gains?
Post 12 IP   flag post
I would generally do 2 on 1 off 1 on 1 off, or 3 in a row with 1 off in between depending on my diet. Up to you really, that's why it's a nice program.
Post 13 IP   flag post
340762 13 13
destitute