Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
IntroductionMotivationPHATPhysiqueProgress UpdateTraining Log

Comeback Season:Potential Comp Prep/PHAT Log16777

KalletSc private msg quote post Address this user
My name is Scott. I used to be an occasional poster on these forums/long time lurker. I've made a few threads in the distant past..but kind of fallen off in time.

I'm 21 years old, a Kinesiology/Pre-med student and am nearly 5 years into was has been one crazy ride of a natural transformation. I am an NPC Men's physique competitor...yet still love powerlifting training and a flexible dieter.

Nine months ago, I was in my peak week for my first show...yet got ill and was sent to the hospital (long story). I went from roughly 170lbs (7-8% BF) to a lanky low of 155lbs. It's been a ride ever since, yet I have made quite the comeback thus far.

Current Stats:
178-180lbs (Around 12% Bodyfat)
Deadlift: 530lbs 1RM
Back Squat: 420lbs 1RM
Bench Press: 295lbs 1RM...was once at 315lb

Measurements:
Waist: 32 Inches
Arms: c. 16 Inches (flexed)
Chest: 43 Inches (Flexed)
Shoulders: 52 In (Flexed)
Quads: 22.5 In (Flexed and no Pump)

For this log, I will be documenting my progress and debating the idea of prepping for the Kentucky Open in August (roughly 2 months away). I'll be running either a Push/Pull/Legs routine or a variation of PHAT.

Physique Pics (In the first pic...I'm leaner than I am now. The second pic on the right... is from about a week ago)

Any questions/comments? Feel free to post. I love these forums and look forward to interacting/getting to know you all.

Also, in terms of mentality. I am a college student. I still enjoy going out, being social, and sharing drinks with my friends. However, when it comes to fitness...this is everything to me. I've been fighting back hard for my progress back. Hoping to reach new limits.

Best of luck to you all,
Scott
Post 1 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
I remember you dude. Welcome back. Hopefully the illness you battled is nothing major and you're in the clear.

Stick around and keep killin it!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Haha thanks alot @wannabemuscular. It was nothing too serious and I am in the clear now! Yet in a way, it was beneficial. Kind of an ego check and also showed me how quick things can go south. I guess it was just a set-back to grow from. I will make sure to keep this log going. Best of luck with your goals as well.
Post 3 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
IN because I always thought you were adorable and I like your physique
Post 4 IP   flag post
qtdreams92 private msg quote post Address this user
@KalletSc nice to meet you scott! and you look GREAT. i will def check back frequent.
Post 5 IP   flag post
jja0016 private msg quote post Address this user
sup man welcome back, insane lifts and measurements!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks alot everyone, glad to see the support! Anyways. It's Sunday, today was a recovery day, and I just landed in Ft. Lauderdale Florida for a 5 day vacation with the family.

However, I plan on getting all my scheduled workouts in and adherein to macroes for the most part. We have goals to reach. Morning weight of 178.5 today.

Sometime tonight i'll post the details of my diet/training plan.

Have a good night everyone and get ready to kill it next week.
Post 7 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
I want to see a video of those lifts. Great numbers.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you! I post vids on social media pretty frequently. Usually not 1RM vids, but sometimes PR's on power days. I'll definitely make sure to get some footage in the near future. I have a camera/go pro..but haven't really tried it yet.
Post 9 IP   flag post
6/8/2015.

Inprovised Upper Power..since I'm on vacation.

Today I was granted the opportunity to weight train and workout at American Top Team. One of the best MMA Facilities in the USA. It was pretty sweet I myst say. Anyways, logging info.

Morning weight: 178.5lbs
Barbbell Bench: 205 x 10, 225 x 15, 255 x 3, 265 x 3, 270 x 3.
Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 35 x 10, 70 x 10, 85lb x 9, 90lbx 5.
DB Row: 135lbs...3 sets of 7.

Then I followed Up with Random accessory work. 2 sets of bis, 2 for tris, 4 for back, 4 for chest, 2 sets of lateral raises.

Not a bad workout to say the least. Take care everyone.
Post 10 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
welcome back dude..

what happened at peak week ? just curious.. PM if you don't want to write it out here.

good luck on the journey brother.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thanks alot man. Can't lie, I remember being on this forum before you had ever competed and I was like 160lbs flat haha..now you're still killing it. Anyways I guess I'm open to describing the peak week incident.

For starters, for those who have not experienced it, contest prep is just as much of a mental match as it is physical. Once you start hitting that 5-6% bodyfat range, your body starts fighting back. It's harder to concentrate in school, you start getting food cravings, and quite simply just feel like shit. I had been dieting HARD for about 9-10 weeks...while completely missing out on the social life and having trouble keeping everything together in school.

To cut to the chase, I cracked hard one night...I mean splurged. Completely my fault, 100% on me. Had something called a "periodontal abscess" and the flu form on my tonsils that kept me from swallowing water or anything (5 days before my comp). I still looked great that day, but literally got rushed to the hospital twice that week and missed every single one of my classes. So yeah I had i get my tonsils stabbed 15-20x when I was hardly numb...instead of competing. Karma is a pain I guess...my fault
Post 12 IP   flag post
Here is my one week transformation. From 170 to about 155lbs during the illness. Lol....
Post 13 IP   flag post
6/11/15

Hit a short Push Workout today...second to last day of vacation.

DB Bench: 95lb, 100, 105 for six reps

4 sets of 15 on a random shoulder machine SS Side laterals 4 x 10-30 (15, 20, 30)

Barbbell Bench: 135 x 10, 185 x 10, 225 x 10, 245 x 8, 265 x 3.

Behind the head OHP (slow negatives, explosive concentrics..very controlled) 2 sets if 20 reps 65lbs.
Machine flies: 3 x 15...100lbs (squeeze at the end of the concentric)

In other news, I am officially a Cellucor affiliate! 'SKallet' is my promo code for 25% off if anyone is interested. Take care guys. Progress pic now that I am tan from FL:
Post 14 IP   flag post
Okay guys! The cut is officially underway as of this morning.

Today is a push day. Started off the morning with an early morning weigh in of 177lbs.

After getting to the gym, I took a bodyfat test (one of the handheld ones so it wasn't 100% accurate...however it should be within +/- 2%. I measured out at 9.4% bodyfat. Definitely lower than the 10-12% I expected.

Anyways, I kind of went unstructured today, just tested out my strength to see where I'm starting at and then followed with some hypertrophy work. Not In Order:

Barbbell Bench: 185lb x 8, 225lb x 8, 275 x 1, 300 x 1, Missed the lockout at 315lb

Dumbbell Incline: 75lb x 10, 90lb x 10, 100lb x 6.

DB Shoulder Press: 3 x 6 with 85-90lbs

Side Laterals: 3 x 30 with 15lbs

4 sets of random tricep work.

Finished up with a light 10min cardio session. (Burning around 100 cals...haven't done cardio in months)
Post 15 IP   flag post
Macroes...A 30 Protein/20 fat/ 50 Carb split to keep my energy levels as high as possible for this cut....60 Fat, 203 Protein, 338 carbs. About 2700 Calories this week (this is pretty close to my maintenance...just want to see what happens this week, then adjust from there).

Current physique...under pretty crappy lighting so I stay true to myself and don't think I'm leaner than I really am.

Post 16 IP   flag post
dserious111 private msg quote post Address this user
Good logging so far.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Thanks dserious!

Okay guys, 6/16/15...high volume pull day.

Woke up to a weigh in of 176lbs today. Feeling fairly lean at this weight! Yet excited to see the detail come out as I drop closer to 170lbs flat

Anyways, workout/weights:

Wide Grip Weighted Pullups: BW (Bodyweight) x 10 reps, BW+70lbs x 10, BW + 80lbs x 7 reps, BW+ 90lbs x 6 reps (almost 7).

-Weighted pullups are like my favorite/best exercise.

Cable Rows: 240lbs x 10, 260lbs x 10, 300lbs x 6.

Then I unleashed a complete back assault. Cranking out numerous supersets until my back was fried. I know this sounds like overkill, but I've always hit my back with high volume and it is definitely the most developed part of my physique.

Biceps: Barbbell Curl: 120lbs x 10 reps...3 sets
Hammer Curls: 45lbs x 3 sets x 10 reps
Incline Curls: 2 Sets 27.5lbs x 15 reps

Facepulls: 2 sets of 15 reps...about 35lbs
Upright Rows: 80lbs x 10 reps. 2 sets

Finisher: 100 chinups total
Post 18 IP   flag post
6/21/15 Update: Roughly one week into the cut.

Morning weight: 175lbs....bodyfat measured 8.7% (electronic device so it isn't 100% accurate)

Hit a squat PR of 365lbs x 3 reps.

Going into a push workout today.
Post 19 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Your name is Scott, so i already approve of you.
Post 20 IP   flag post
qtdreams92 private msg quote post Address this user
youre looking really great @KalletSc !
Post 21 IP   flag post
Thanks guys, it means alot^^^. It's not always easy sticking to diets and putting myself out there but support makes it all worthwhile!

6/22: Lower Day. Pretty rough workout, kind of took it easy. Was supposed to hit 370 x 3 today after last weeks 365 x 3...yet failed to do so.

Morning weight: 174.0lbs...since last week I have subtracted 200 cals daily and added another 500 cals of cardio throughout the week. May need to back off the decreases a bit. Anyways, updated pic from today. Feeling great at this weight. The bodyfat machine read 9.2% but I feel like thats bs because I feel tighter than I did last week forsure.
Post 22 IP   flag post

Forgot to crop this screenshot...but 3 year difference. The left was right around the time I began reading/lurking simply shredded. Saw the Matt Ogus interview and set getting an interview on this site in the distant future a huge goal of mine. Who knows if that will ever happen...but I am damn proud of how far I have progressed since then.

I was 18 and probably 160-165lbs. On the right was today at 174lbs.

Keep pushing guys. Set a goal, knock it down, embrace the chase. Take care all.
Post 23 IP   flag post
340752 23 23
destitute