Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BackFemale FitnessLegsProtein ShakesTraining Programs

Reverse hyperextension16767

Fayzeh private msg quote post Address this user

First time doing these today and I felt like a fool! Haha Stability ball seemed too big. I want to incorporate reverse hyperextensions into my weekly workout routine. I would've tried the hyperextension machine, but the view would've been too much for the guys. Please critique my form. Also check out my log and critique my workout. Maybe suggest new exercises that I'm not doing. Most of you know I do what I feel like which might not be the best for progress.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
A_em private msg quote post Address this user
Your form looks good I guess. I do this exercise only on bench, though. Without the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayzeh
I would've tried the hyperextension machine, but the view would've been too much for the guys.

Wear tracksuit bottoms, which are loose and I am sure they will handle it

You can read some interviews with Fitness Models here anmd there are their routines and exercises, which you can add. However, my routine is the simpliest ever and I love it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
qtdreams92 private msg quote post Address this user
I did them for the first time on the glute ham raise in my w/o as shown by my PT. It was before squats and I can feel the glutes more activated after so they're alright! and my fashion tip (lol) is to wear baggy clothes over the skins/tights. you and easily take them off after you warmed up
Post 3 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
I'll go ahead and start the petition to ban baggy clothes and track shorts in the gym.

Yoga pants and small shorts are fine with me!
Post 4 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Sexy pants missy 😉 @fayzeh
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
As a general rule of thumb, no exercise should be done for the first time on a stability ball. That's a progression once your form is down pat and you feel good with the movement from a stable surface as @A_em showed in her post. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
I'm no expert but both Bret Contreras, Louie Simmons and Smitty from the Diesel crew says that one should NOT let the lumbar spine go in to flexion or extension.
With other words, stop when the back is neutral, keep the core tight and squeeze the gluteus at the top, like in the video below.

Post 7 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
@Fayzeh. Sometimes I do them on our kitchen table.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@A_em and @qtdreams92 I'm going to buy baggy gym pants and see how it feels. I love excuses to go shopping. hahaha thanks!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@eknight Just using the bench seems boring to me. I like the challenge with the stability ball. Maybe bench with weight between my ankles?
Post 10 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I get that, but you haven't mastered the challenge of doing them using a bench yet. I don't mean that "meanly," but in the video, you're too far forward on the ball- your hips shouldn't be in contact with anything when doing a reverse hyper. Notice on this pic, when using an actual reverse hyper machine, how the hinge of the hip is off of the machine allowing the bend:

The way you're performing them is actually making them a lower back dominant movement rather than a glute dominant movement. Do you want "less boring" or do you want "optimal effectiveness?" -3X
Post 11 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
@fayzeh - set the bench up into an incline, and widen your legs a bit.. easier for gripping the bench
Post 12 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1
@fayzeh - set the bench up into an incline, and widen your legs a bit.. easier for gripping the bench

yeahh baby!

hahaha, sorry, had to.
Post 13 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1

Edit.....@wannabemuscular beat me to it. -3X
Post 14 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
pervs
Post 15 IP   flag post
@eknight I see what you're saying. I'm going to workout at a different gym and see what equipment they have. Not to be stubborn, but smaller stability ball following the form u posted above. I didn't notice the hip thing at all. I will also try the incline suggestion @the1. See how it feels. Maybe add weight if I find it too easy. The stability ball was hard because I had to legit reach my arms to grab that bench! I knew something was off.
Post 16 IP   flag post
340762 16 16
destitute