Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Power LiftingPowerlifting BeltSplit Advice

Lifting belts -16757

SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Curious if anybody in here wears them all the time when training?

Ive heard of the 'corset effect' of keeping your waist small... I doubt they are on insanely tight if you keep it on for an hour+

Others keep them on and tight through their entire squat routine (including rests) and others only put them on when within 5% of 1rm territory.

What is you guys' preference?

I rarely use mine now because its too small for me, hoping this cut brings me back into a usable range of belt. haha
Post 1 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
I got one but only used it one day and then never again, just don't like how it feels.

And it's my personal opinion that they don't make the waist smaller, it's a debatable topic. Some competitors with actually buy corsets and do their cardio in them (both men and women). Those types do cause the waist to get smaller but have been know to cause health problems.

Just my opinion.
Post 2 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
I have heard of the corsets as well. I can see how its appealing on a very small scale, but not when you start to look deformed.

That is just retarded vvvv

Post 3 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
@SOLARSUPLEX Yeah if that is real, which it might be photo shopped, but if it is real she got some intestinal problems for sure. You can just squish your insides like that. People that receive all their feelings of accomplishment and self worth from their physique will do some pretty extreme things to fill that need. Its a first world problem because we don't have real shit to worry about so we worry if our waist lines are small enough.

Did you know that eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia only exist in first world countries where food is in abundance? Make you think.
Post 4 IP   flag post
MMB private msg quote post Address this user
I use mine only when I feel the need of it or when my back is already beaten before the workout. Never keeps it all workout long, I simply put it on the bigger size when resting.
Post 5 IP   flag post
340616 5 5
destitute