Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingChestIntroductionMisc.Newbie

Help for a Beginner16753

skippy333 private msg quote post Address this user
hey im new to the gym and just have a few basic questions, i started in the gym 3 weeks ago and do everything in 3 sets of 12, i do 5 mins on the treadmill first just to get warmed up then start with the dumbells doing 3 sets of 12 reps at 10kg, then I do rope pressdown at 16kg same 3 reps, i do bicep curls at 12kg same 3 reps, i do 3 sets of 20 calf raises and 3 sets of 12 on weighted squats this all takes me about 25 mins, i have quite a week and skinny upper body and have a very fast metabolism, i eat roughly 2000 kcals a day and weigh 76kgs (12 stone) , i try to benchpress but literally cant , i tried with 5kg on both sides and was able to do only 5, can anybody give me any tips as to what excersizes to do for a bigger upper body, and any tips on anything else including supplements etc, i dont expect fast results at all especially as i am fairly thin to begin with, thanks for reading appreciate any tips!
Post 1 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
You need to read this:

http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/13958/page/1/simply-shredded-faq---read-before-posting/

You have a "fast metabolism" and you're only eating 2000 kcals? You're either not eating enough or you're not counting properly. Read the link I posted.
Post 2 IP   flag post
GetBigDieMirin private msg quote post Address this user
it seems like when these threads start, sometimes the first response (always a variation of the above) can make it seem as though we are swatting away your questions, but in reality there is a lot of good info in that link and it is essential to understand it all. But if you have more questions not answered by the faq, feel free to ask.

Good luck on your journey man
Post 3 IP   flag post
dazzler95 private msg quote post Address this user
If you find it hard to bench press, I would recommend using dumbells instead, you could try dumbell bench press, and then an incline dumbell bench press. after you could do the incline dumbell fly press, and just adjust the bench every now and again
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
1. Don't just work out your upper body.

2. Just because you can only press a barbell 5 times, doesn't mean you shouldn't. That's how you get stronger.

3. You need to eat to grow. Read that FAQ thread others have pointed out. Figure out your caloric needs.

4. Keep asking any questions you have after reading that FAQ.
Post 5 IP   flag post
340734 5 5
destitute