oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
awesome leg workout!
Post 201 IP   flag post
Fayzeh private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @oceanair!
Post 202 IP   flag post
Dr. Oliver Sacks
Author, physician, neurologist, professor, and power lifter!
July 9, 1933 - August 30, 2015

This picture needs to be shared. He had a good life and wrote golden books. RIP

Post 203 IP   flag post
Update:

Feel like I totally fell of the fitness wagon! Haha. I had injury after injury. My foot, knee, and then lower back.

My current plan is to get into boxing. Recently joined a boxing gym that offers challenging classes. One guy the other day looked like he was going to puke after doing crawls. He was very fast so that look was understandable!

My boss at work is having an influence on me with weight training. He is active himself. He thinks I should ease up on lifting heavy to prevent future damage. He also got me into rowing more in the gym.

Motivation to get back on track with diet is so low. I'm not sure how I'm going to approach this problem. I think counting macros and proper portions. I eat how I ate on my heavy lifting days when my body clearly does not need too.

Mentality wise I want to focus on want versus need in all areas of my life.

One of my New Years resolutions is to become a certified NSCA personal trainer. I got the book already and it has come in handy with my injuries.
Post 204 IP   flag post
Check In

I'm becoming a different type of athlete post back strain. Most workouts now use my body as weight and include sprinting. I'm not hating it, I just wish I could deadlift heavy again. It's really killing me. haha I love the feeling. Tuesday there was a bar on the ground with 45 plates on either side. I gave deadlifting a try. Could stay at that weight for a couple sets of 10. I tried adding 50 more pound and did 1 rep. I felt my back get a little stressed and called it quits. Today I did the shortest glute workout of my life. Tried adding more weight on the squat rack and my back bothered me. There is this one knot on my lower left back that will not leave. I would love to hit my max's again (Day dreamin).

Negative: Can't squat heavy
Positive: I feel more power performing squat jumps

I'm hoping everyone is having a wonderful holiday season.
Post 205 IP   flag post

Check In

Still loving the gym, but have not been interested in reading up on fitness related topics. Probably should to refresh myself. Haha

Workouts vary. Yoga has been implemented weekly since the new year. Plyometrics, weights, sprints/incline sprints, and boxing are performed weekly.

For some reason I've been trying to workout twice on my days off of work. I think it's because all my injuries are finally healed! If I workout twice its a lighter workout like running/yoga paired with a more intense like weights/conditioning class. My weekly workouts haven't been planned. I'm going to look into programs and plan something for March.

Here's a recent selfie post workout when I felt that gym pump. Lol Fitness is wonderful and when you're enthusiastic about it you indirectly influence others to be the same.

Thanks forum!

Post 206 IP   flag post
RobotEars private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayzeh
Lol Fitness is wonderful and when you're enthusiastic about it you indirectly influence others to be the same.

Inb4 you indirectly influence @wannabemuscular 's enthusiasm. 😏
Post 207 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@RobotEars WTF? You're too new to break my balls. Hahaha!

Looking great as always @Fayzeh Glad to see you pop in here.
Post 208 IP   flag post
RobotEars private msg quote post Address this user
Lol, my bad. I perused her log and it seemed appropriate.
Post 209 IP   flag post
@robotears! 😜

He fits rite in @wannabemuscular and thanks!
Post 210 IP   flag post
340614 210 10
destitute