Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Diet AdviceLOLMotivationSquatsTraining Log

My Loggg16664

Fayzeh private msg quote post Address this user
Hey,

I decided to write a log because I love living the best fit lifestyle I can.

I've previously posted some random questions on energy and late night eating. Thanks for all your feedback.

Yesterday was my first day off in 11 days. I was exhausted. I didn't go to the gym and I did have a cheat. Ate 1/2 medium veggie pizza (light cheese) and grilled chicken salad. I have to remember that 1 cheat won't ruin my goals. My goals will be ruined if I make this a habit. My cheats can be outrageous. I can't do that anymore! Just embarrassing. hahaha

I did an hour of cardio earlier. Mix of running and incline with weights. I'll post a couple selfies I took today. I am in work now till midnight. Weekends it's slow so I have time to be on this. Still exhausted, but I like to think of myself as tough. I can handle this!

The only thing I hate about working OT is I spend more money. Walked into GNC today and bought a dozen Questbars, fish oil, multi vitamins, curcumin, and biotin. I needed to re-up badly. haha

You guys have any supplement suggestions?
Post 1 IP   flag post

Post 2 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
Oooooh guhhhrl get it
Post 3 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
i'm with @erick, get it......... looking great fayzeh, glad to see you stuck around the forums !
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
For supp suggestions- just a couple quick things. Why the added biotin? I know, I know- hair, skin, nails. I'd personally try a month without it if your multi is good. You might be passing out more than you're absorbing. Nice to see you start a log. -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
My hairdresser recommended biotin and iron for me because my hair is thinning. @eknight
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Hairdressers do that a lot. They're pretty limited in their knowledge, though, as they don't advise their clients to take biotin with other B's. That's the deal with any B vitamin- you have to take them as a complex or they're not utilized. Since you're taking a multi, you're covered there, and because biotin is water soluble, anything you don't use, you'll just pee out, so you don't need to worry about getting too much. Sorry to hear about your hair. FWIW, yours doesn't look thinning... And I've found that bald is beautiful. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
haha @eknight thanks. How come your so knowledgeable on this topic?
Post 8 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@Fayzeh IDK about a hairdresser prescribing Iron supplementation. Too much iron can cause issues and you're already getting plenty if you're taking a multi.

And very nice pics up there. You look great!
Post 9 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@Fayzeh I dunno. I guess I read. A lot. And it's what I've done for a living forever. -3X
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thank you @wannabemuscular! I do want to lean out a bit for that summer body.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Worked out back and abs today. Finished off with 15 minutes stair master. I got a sample of Pre-workout from GNC that put me in the zone! Really challenged myself. I want defined abs and back muscles to pop. haha

Post workout I had a rice cake, scoop of PB, and a protein shake. It's been about an hour and a half since that meal and I'm feeling lethargic. A little dizzy too. I'm in work until midnight. At 6pm having 5 egg whites and veggies. I also have another snack break at 9pm. Thinking melon and green tea. I always have protein shakes after midnight before bed.

Goal is to lean out and keep as much muscle as possible. Any tips to help with this feeling of fatigue that won't set me of course with my goals. It might just be a crash from pre-workout. haha

Thank you!
Post 12 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Sweet log. Killer bod. Do work!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thanks @SRorhrbac0808. I'm trying. Your remark doesn't help me out. with my question! lol
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayzeh
Thanks @SRorhrbac0808. I'm trying. Your remark doesn't help me out. with my question! lol

I think you're just crashing g from pre workout. Cut it out for a week and see how you feel.
Post 15 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
Quote:

I think you're just crashing g from pre workout. Cut it out for a week and see how you feel.

I think you need to eat more carbs than just a rice cake!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Yah. Moar carbs
Post 17 IP   flag post
Thanks @NorIda and @SRorhrbac0808. I think that is something I have dificulty with. Causes me to over eat on other days. I Can't quite get the diet part down. Kind of frustrating.

Def not stopping pre-workout because I feel like it improves my workouts. lol
Post 18 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Thanks @NorIda and @SRorhrbac0808. I think that is something I have dificult with. Causes me to over eat on other days. I Can't quite get the diet part down. Kind of frustrating.

I can comment on this. Try and lower your caffeine intake over a week.

If you drink coffee every morning, buy a smaller coffee, or get 1 less shot than normal. If you take more than 1 scoop of preworkout, try and lower it back down to 1. Then just take like 4-10 days off caffeine all together.

You'll get small headaches for a few days. But after that you feel good. I've done this a few times and it has helped my crashing feeling after workouts.
Post 19 IP   flag post
You're asking for a lot @Solarsuplex, but you are rite. hahaha
Post 20 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
I mean you dont have to just drop it all. Just slow it down a bit for a while.

For a while i had this "coffee is a treat" mentality. I wouldnt drink it much. Well, if you cant go 3-5 days without something, its barely a delicacy anymore. More of a dependency. I didnt like depending on something to get me going, so i slowed it down and cut it out. Now its back in the treat category.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Pretty good day.

Pleased with my gym session. Did an hour of cardio. 30min running, 15 min incline, and 15 min elliptical-like machine.

Diet was not the best. I ate a lot of fat today. Almonds, eggs with yoke, and even cheese! I loved it. Just hoping I don't break out tomorrow. Haha

Right now playing it daily with diet. Trying to pay more attention to what makes my body operate/look better.
Post 22 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
@Fayzeh I feel you on the diet part. It seems to always be a work in progress and at times something that can cause us to beat ourselves up about if we don't feel like we stuck to the plan 100%. I used to even beat myself up with negative self talk if I wasn't perfect with my diet.

I think your spot on with the idea of focusing on how certain foods make you feel and perform. Seems like people that are able to do this have the best long term results and are the happiest bc they don't tend to attach so many emotions to the food they eat.

Best of luck, looking great in the recent pics btw.
Post 23 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:

This approach generally indicates a deficiency in something with your nutrition. -3X
Post 24 IP   flag post
@LVjack I relate to some of your remarks. Diet is def a work in progress for me. Still not as lean as I want to be. If I wasn't working extra this month I think I would be a little more strict. One side of me thinks it's ok and then there's that little voice saying that I'm using work as an excuse. I have today off. Resting now. Then gym and grocery store. Planning on meal prepping so the next few days I am more on point. I'm thinking of switching up breakfast from oats/whey to nuts/eggs. What is your opinion?
Post 25 IP   flag post
@eknight are you talking about pre-workout? Pre-workout helps me concentrate more and last longer. What's the point of not taking it if it improves my overall performance?
Post 26 IP   flag post
MMB private msg quote post Address this user
@Fayzeh Nice to see you starting a log!

Abusing from pre-workout drinks can become "addictive". What I mean by that is not that you will absolutely need it but you skip a day you won't feel optimal in the gym.
Post 27 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
@Fayzeh I think the nuts and eggs sound like a good idea, you'll just have to try it out and see how you feel. I personally think whole foods are always better then whey powders. The main difference is you're going from a carb/protein breakfast to a fat/protein breakfast. That personally works for me because I like most my carbs later in the day because they help me sleep. Think that has something to do with the way carbs effect serotonin levels. Granted I also workout in the morning on an empty stomach. It's not because I think working out or doing cardio fasted burns more fat (I actually don't think that matters at all) but I just feel better working out before eating anything. I used to even follow an I.F. Diet (intermittent fasting) so I do fine on an empty stomach.

Let me know how you end up liking the change.
Post 28 IP   flag post
One reason I'm thinking of eating fats/protein for breakfast besides being sick of oatmeal is I read that my body will get use to using fat for fuel. I workout a couple hours after breakfast. I'm too lazy to get up and workout. lol I do want to change that because it's summer in Boston and I use to love morning runs. I was thinking carbs later in the day would benefit me more for my evening shifts. @LVjack please feel free to recommend anything for me. Seems like you know your stuff.
Post 29 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
@eknight are you talking about pre-workout? Pre-workout helps me concentrate more and last longer. What's the point of not taking it if it improves my overall performance?

If it makes you crash and you start to feel dependent upon it, it's not helping your performance. The 23 hours outside of the gym during your day are far more important than when you're there.

Regarding your last post, human physiology doesn't work like that. You can't trick or coerce your body into burning more fat by when you consume your macros. Just doesn't work that way. When you eat something it stays in your stomach for 3-5 hours before it begins being absorbed by your intestines, which takes another 6-8 hours. Anything you've eaten within the previous 8-10 hours is still being absorbed and used for fuel, so avoiding carbs for breakfast in an attempt to burn more fat doesn't have any logic behind it. -3X
Post 30 IP   flag post
340740 210 30
destitute