Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LegsLOLMisc.MotivationSupplements

Energy16657

Fayzeh private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys,

I'm basically bored rite now and trying to come up with something to talk about. What came to mind is energy in everyday life. I just finished working 11 days straight! This work-load gets tougher with sore muscles.

How do you guys keep your energy levels up with work/errands/gym? Do you guys take anything like Advil to minimize pain from sore muscles? I love leg day, but dread the following days. haha

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
My work can be really slow at times and I work in a different city then where my house is so it gets soooooo boring sometimes that the abundance of downtime drains my energy.

I take Tylenol PM every night pretty much bc my schedule is all weird doing 7 days of nights then 7 days off followed by 7 days of days and so on and so forth.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Do you take tylenol PM to sleep @LVjack? I take stuff to sleep, but trying to kick the habbit. Get's hard sleeping normally with so much going on plus stims to be awake. I have to admit I'm a semi-caffein head. I feel like its necessary with a busy schedule. haha
Post 3 IP   flag post
qtdreams92 private msg quote post Address this user
@Fayzeh i take V's for energy. they are like soft drinks but with caffeine in it. at home Mum makes ginseng soup for me to drink and i have magnesium (epsom salt) bath to treat sore muscles. The bath and then some stretching flexing helps me sleep.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Rand private msg quote post Address this user
I pound energy drinks, workout at night, then do homework to "cool down" and I fall asleep within a minute of laying down.
School, work, and a family will really take it out of you. I see them gym as my break from the day.

I try to never take medicine. It is a crutch that people abuse too often. Then when you actually need medication it doesnt work since you have built up a tolerance.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks @qtdreams92. I think I'm going to try that mg bath! I'm into spa-like things.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@rand I wish I was the type to just fall asleep. Even if I'm dead tired I can't.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Fayzeh Yeah I take it to sleep along with Melatonin. And then when I wake up I drink coffee or something as soon as I roll out of bed. So yeah, take stuff to fall asleep and to wake up, I know it's not a good thing so no need for any random people telling me how bad that is for me. Would like to kick the habit as well, we'll see but as for now I'm an addict with my caffeine.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Fayzeh yea my wife gets pissed. She has trouble sleeping, and I just roll in and sleep.
Post 9 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
This is most likely 100% placebo. But if i feel myself getting 'tired' or lazy. I eat a carb rich meal and tell myself that those carbs are going to give me energy. Usually a few apples or bananas and im satisfied til the next meal.

I've actually been trying to cut down on my caffeine a lot these days. No PWO and decaf coffees. Felt pretty tired the first few days but i think im coming up out of it and feeling good again. Workouts have been feeling strong and focused without taking any stims pre.
Post 10 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@LVjack I wouldn't take Tylenol PM just to help with sleep. There's no reason to take Acetaminophen every day unless you need it for pain. Just go with straight Benadryl or generic Diphenhydramine HCL. You just get the sleep aid part and it's wayyyy cheaper.

Also, try GABA. A 500mg caps usually gets me relaxed and a bit drowsy within an hour or so.

I usually load up on coffee and other caffeinated beverages during the early part of the day. I try to limit caffeine consumption after around 3-4 PM. I find I have better sleep quality with less disruption this way.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@wannabemuscular Hey thanks a lot bro, I will make that switch for sure and try out the GABA and see how it works for me. Much appreciated.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
i nap two hours after work, take preworkout and then i have enough energy til 2 a.m. I dont advise it hahaha
Post 13 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
i've always been a pothead, so smoking marijuana all day makes me lazy and tired.. but i need to have good pillows, i buy pillows 5x a year.. next time i buy one its going to be a really expensive one and i also need to invest in a really good bed..

i fall asleep within minutes most of the time though aswell, i drink 1 coffee a day some times .. but i have ups n downs with being tired thats for sure
Post 14 IP   flag post
usually have a few naps a week, 2-4 hours at a time and get 6-10 hours of sleep most nights.. haha
Post 15 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1
i've always been a pothead, so smoking marijuana all day makes me lazy and tired.. but i need to have good pillows, i buy pillows 5x a year.. next time i buy one its going to be a really expensive one and i also need to invest in a really good bed..

i fall asleep within minutes most of the time though aswell, i drink 1 coffee a day some times .. but i have ups n downs with being tired thats for sure

Interesting, earlier this year I use to smoke everyday & I had so much energy and focus I use to lift twice a day for almost 2 weeks straight. Not even kidding. Would eat 5k+ calories though. One time I remember I had 15-20 pancakes then ate a double patty burger, that wasn't enough so I had a bowl of ice cream afterwards.
Post 16 IP   flag post
smoking 'pot' brings the chocolate cravings on like mad. Oh sleep like a baby afterwards haha. well it feels good but I don't know if any of that is good for you

@the1 totally, a good bed and pillow is essential! I love my featherdown pillows atm, not too low not too high. I haven't had neck pain since i switched to featherdown.
Post 17 IP   flag post
i am having tension head aches from neck pain right now and its really annoying.. also with tight traps and weak scaps atm I am having some issues.. 2 massages lined up next week should help though

ive smoked for almost 10 years every day now , started when i was 16-17 y/o when i finished high school and always been able to manage my life while having a puff :p
Post 18 IP   flag post
@the1 massages are GREAT! infact I am having one today. volley gives me tight traps and the coach taught us to use a tennis ball or lacrosse ball to roll it out every day. Also I have learned to keep my head straight, ears in line with my shoulder. So many of us tip the neck forward and that is really bad for the neck apparently.

well its good you finished school first before having a puff
Post 19 IP   flag post
I do about 15min of lacrosse ball work everyday. Great on the hips, I.T. Band, glutes and I have issues with both my biceps and it seems to work well with that area too.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVjack
I do about 15min of lacrosse ball work everyday. Great on the hips, I.T. Band, glutes and I have issues with both my biceps and it seems to work well with that area too.

Lacrosse ball is AMAZING. Worked wonders for my tight glutes.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

this is me right here haha. been a pothead for years on years but always been able still function like a normal human being haha. idk if they have it up there in ol' Canada, but looking to extracts man. hash, wax, BHO, ect. one little dab and you are out. my little brother owns a medical marijuana medicated lemonade business also, fresh squeezed lemons and all the works.. really does a fantastic job haha.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine0seven
Quote:

Interesting, earlier this year I use to smoke everyday & I had so much energy and focus I use to lift twice a day for almost 2 weeks straight. Not even kidding. Would eat 5k+ calories though. One time I remember I had 15-20 pancakes then ate a double patty burger, that wasn't enough so I had a bowl of ice cream afterwards.

aaand this is even more me hahaha. the day before I started my cut, easily consumed close to 8k calories in sushi, ice cream and other yum yums.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine0seven
Quote:

aaand this is even more me hahaha. the day before I started my cut, easily consumed close to 8k calories in sushi, ice cream and other yum yums.

It's amazing dude lol I'd eat even if I wasn't hungry and it was like meal after meal lol
Post 24 IP   flag post
haha same here man! smoking weed I don't get that too badly, but once the extracts come out... game over. but at the same time, if I'm cutting I have no problem restricting it and sticking to my diet.
Post 25 IP   flag post
@LVjack @nine0seven do you tape the balls up like this??

works so amazing! i call this my back tickler.

P.s does pot affect gainz?
Post 26 IP   flag post
I thought that was a joke at first because... Well no, no I haven't done that but it seems like a great idea. Gonna have to buy another ball and try that out. Thanks for the idea!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVjack
I thought that was a joke at first because... Well no, no I haven't done that but it seems like a great idea. Gonna have to buy another ball and try that out. Thanks for the idea!

Haha I thought it was a joke at first too.

Sometimes I use a tennis ball
Post 28 IP   flag post
Oh I tape my balls, one could say i tape my balls a little too much. But whatever floats your boat.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Rand no that doesn't look like too much tape haha!
How come the balls are so tiny.. or is your hand really big?
Post 30 IP   flag post
340609 34 30
destitute