Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ArchT private msg quote post Address this user
Been working out a lot doing bicep curl, concentration curl but it seems im not getting my results as fast as I wish.
Is there anything wrong I might be doing? Please assist
Post 1 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
None of us get results as fast as we want unless you hope on the juice. Be patient.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
My experience with arms is that most people train them TO MUCH, you know, your biceps are heavily involved in your back exercises, same with triceps (not long head) in chest/oh presses.
In most "BB" and selfmade programs out there the arms usually gets hit twice as much as the bigger muscles (compound exercises + usually as many direct sets as the big muscles get), which is pretty dumb.
So i'm curious, what's your program like?
Post 3 IP   flag post
AndyCap private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawsteel
My experience with arms is that most people train them TO MUCH, you know, your biceps are heavily involved in your back exercises, same with triceps (not long head) in chest/oh presses.
In most "BB" and selfmade programs out there the arms usually gets hit twice as much as the bigger muscles (compound exercises + usually as many direct sets as the big muscles get), which is pretty dumb.
So i'm curious, what's your program like?

Could agree more with this. I started noticing the most changes when only trained them once a week directly and focused more on the big compound movements like bench press and pull ups.

If you want bigger arms then dont neglect the triceps, they are a lot bigger then biceps and make up a lot more of your arms.
Post 4 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
I've got fairly large arms and I've gone years without doing more then 4 sets of direct arm work every 3 days.

But I can do 8 reps of chin-ups with 90lbs hanging from me and dips for 8 reps with 135lbs hanging from me. I contribute big arms to compound movements. I see so many highschool kids doing 10 different variations of curls (barbell, DB, reverse, preacher, spider, cable, hammer ect), it's all moving the arm in almost the exact same way therefore there is no need for all that crap. Same with legs, legs are my best body part and I just squat a lot of weight and do a couple assesory movements and I'm done. Keep things simple. Focus on getting stronger on your compound lifts and the results will follow.

This is my opinion, everyone has one
Post 5 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Learned this a while back. I honestly think pull ups and straight bar curls are all that is needed to grow biceps.

Nose breakers and bench for triceps. I do love dips though.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@rawsteel I wouldnt say Im following any programme perse. But I make sure I do either bicep or concentration curl 4 times a week... Maybe Im a bit impatient as @nine0seven mentioned.
I will keep my patience
Post 7 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
So you are a "armbrah"?
Do you just train arms?
Post 8 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
@ArchT. found you problem "4 times a week" for arms is to much.
Post 9 IP   flag post
hahaha!! @TimmothyGen I do other parts as well, Im fine with their progress so far...
Post 10 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchT
@rawsteel I wouldnt say Im following any programme perse. But I make sure I do either bicep or concentration curl 4 times a week...

Jump on a proven program, track your progress and stop hitting your biceps 4 times a week.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
FYI, triceps make your arms look bigger than biceps. I'd worry about those more.
Post 12 IP   flag post
340609 12 12
destitute