Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Misc.Split Advice

Does anybody ever...16646

The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Just find a program that works, stick to it, eat sensibly, rest adequately, and stop worrying about every fucking 0.001% difference it makes if you eat 180 grams of protein instead of 181.2, or sleep 7 hours instead of 6 hours and 57 minutes, or whether or not 5 minutes on the elliptical is the same kind of cardio as 11:24 on the treadmill? How is going to the gym anything even resembling fun or productive if you spend 24 hours a day sweating the small stuff? Lotta people bag on Crossfitters because the notion is, "if they didn't post about their workout on social media, it didn't happen." Lately I feel like I see a lot of people strength training who seem to feel like "if I don't develop an anxiety disorder about my training, it didn't happen." -3X
Post 1 IP   flag post
A_em private msg quote post Address this user
Aha. Moi!
Post 2 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
I have a powerlifting log in my phat log. But for my excuse I had to play around to see what worked best for me and what I enjoyed more. As far as sweating the small stuff I'm good on that, worrying bout that will be counter productive to your training/progress.
Post 3 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
I think when people pick on the little things and overthink things including me is because they don't TRUST the process. I'm sticking to the basics though because I'll grow I'm young. All I need is calories, sleep and lift.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Yup.
Post 5 IP   flag post
That's an old school body building mind set that has leaked into all levels of fitness. That's one reason I started liking Phil Heath after watching Generation Iron. He basically said all the other guys that torture themselves are missing the point.
Post 6 IP   flag post
qtdreams92 private msg quote post Address this user
I think this is because there is so much wrong information out there it is not funny. A lot of of health/fitness magazines are to blame really. So people get confused when they see conflicting info.

Of course all the little details is what learning about. my fav word when I was little was 'WHY?'. it used to drive mum crazy. she would explain and then I be like 'WHY?' again until I got a smack lol. sport is fun, thinking about it all the time is fun, finding out ideal way of doing things is like learning a new exercise.. it is fun! No, not worry or anxious (maybe I'm speaking for myself lol)

@eknight maybe are you feeling annoyed because you see the same questions being asked by newbies all the time
Post 7 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
lol wut?

I generally change up my workouts every 3-5 weeks. That way I can keep my muscles guessing.

They never know what rep scheme I'm gonna do, and they never know if I'm gonna be cutting or bulking that day, cause I really just go by how I am feeling.

I've had the greatest results doing it his way. My bro at the gym told me that his buddy talked to his brother who used to workout at the same gym that Arnold went to once. Anyways, he said this routine was the shit. So I do it. It works for me. It may not work for you.
Post 8 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Just keep on doing what you love and don't give about what other peoples think.
Post 9 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
to be honest man, ive always done my own thing.. and i think most of you know that, ive always done what works for me and if it doesnt work i change things..

but i agree with you, too many people over-analyze fucking everything.. just lift heavy weights, eat for your goals and get the rest you need when you need it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
Yea there's a difference from some one who is just starting and doesn't know and someone that keeps asking and keeps asking and keeps trying fix unbroken methods.
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtdreams92
I think this is because there is so much wrong information out there it is not funny. A lot of of health/fitness magazines are to blame really. So people get confused when they see conflicting info.

Of course all the little details is what learning about. my fav word when I was little was 'WHY?'. it used to drive mum crazy. she would explain and then I be like 'WHY?' again until I got a smack lol. sport is fun, thinking about it all the time is fun, finding out ideal way of doing things is like learning a new exercise.. it is fun! No, not worry or anxious (maybe I'm speaking for myself lol)

@eknight maybe are you feeling annoyed because you see the same questions being asked by newbies all the time

Anyone else NOT surprised by this post? 😈 -3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtdreams92

That's cos no newbies EVER read the damn FAQ
Post 13 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
I like to jerk off before my workouts and loose my gains. I live dangerously..... People say that's bad for your gains.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Rand private msg quote post Address this user
I am getting better all the time. I love my "autoregulated" dup.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
I like to jerk off before my workouts and loose my gains. I live dangerously..... People say that's bad for your gains.

You just get more muscular forearms. It's still a win-win situation.
Post 16 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklight79
Quote:

Yeah, but he keeps straining his pec muscle.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklight79
Quote:

Yeah, but he keeps straining his pec muscle.

It's all in the wrist.
Post 18 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
LOL!!!!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
eat, train, hormones, sleep, repeat.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky

...You mean I won't look like Arnold even if I buy his protein powder?
Post 21 IP   flag post
hollyhopeful5678 private msg quote post Address this user
I just think those who chase the 1% don't have enough else in their lives to occupy the mind. Idle hands...

I've got a wildly demanding career, a home and 2 small kids. My mind is busy as fuck and all my worries go to taking care of my family...I only have enough spare time/head space left at the end of my day to relieve stress by lifting heavy and stuffing my face with my remaining macros. Then it is off to sleep, sleep, sleep.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky

...You mean I won't look like Arnold even if I buy his protein powder?

unfortunately no
Post 23 IP   flag post
340738 23 23
destitute