Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CardioCuttingDiet AdviceFemale FitnessSplit Advice

Help. I'm fluffier than I'd like to be.16554

JLtheDream private msg quote post Address this user
Hoping to find some guidance!

I am 28, 5'7.5, 155 pounds.(female)

Currently at 1800 calories 40/40/20 P.C.F.

Currently lifting 4-5 days a week with 2 to 3 sessions of 20 minute steady state cardio.

I'm trying to lose body fat and also ( like every other person out there trying to build muscle) definet lay noticed muscle being built but not leaning out the way I'd like to. I believe I am approx 20% and would like to get to 15%.

Any advice/ criticism welcome!
Post 1 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Focus on just loosing the fat you want to loose and focus on gaining muscle later. Look to maintain what you have now and get stronger with your lifts... As far as loosing fat. Just be in a caloric deficit. Simple.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ok. I will try reducing my calories to approximately 1400 calories to see if this makes a difference. Thank you!
Post 3 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
@JLtheDream I don't think that's what @SRorhrbac0808 meant. 1,800 calories is already really low, maybe even too low (I haven't done the math).

Tell us more about your diet. Most of the weight loss will come from diet, even though in reality it's all calories in vs calories out but it's a lot easier to eat properly then try to out work a bad diet.

I don't know how you train exactly but from the little bit I do know if you switch the low intensity cardio for 2-3 sessions of HIIT that will provide better results.

Also your percentages look pretty good on your macros. Weight lifting 5x a week is great! Looks like your doing most everything correct. Might just take some time to see the results. How long have you been cutting for? What's your weight training protocol like?

Best of luck! You got this. But please don't drop those calories to 1,400!!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
Also some photos might help? I know that for woman 15% is actually quite low
Post 5 IP   flag post
Ok, I will give HIIT a try and try to increase cardio. This is a pretty typical day for me.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you for your response @LVJACK, I've been on this routine and split about 2 months now.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jon1987 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLtheDream
Ok, I will give HIIT a try and try to increase cardio. This is a pretty typical day for me.

What app is that?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
@Jon1987 myfitnesspal

@op I would recommend reading the FAQ at the top of the threads and adjusting your calories and macros. 1800 is low and 1400 is even wayyy too low.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Kansas___Boyyyyy private msg quote post Address this user
at 5'7 155 your maintenance is probably around 2200 calories if youre only active 1-3 days a week and probably 2500 if you exercise as much as you say. so 2-2.2k would be ideal.
Post 10 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
@JLtheDream Do you take weekly progress pics? Body might be changing but you don't realize it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I've done one monthly. I will start pictures weekly.
Post 12 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
15% body fat for a female is getting dangerously close to the "essential body fat" level. In other words- it ain't healthy! Why would you want to do that to yourself? Are you prepping for a show? -3X
Post 13 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
^^ agreed, I know lots of women who step on stage ripped at 12-13%.. 20% is more healthy and achievable

food/diet looks great and so does training.. keep at it !
Post 14 IP   flag post
340735 14 14
destitute