Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight thank god a short post that i actually read and agreed with!!!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Tritons private msg quote post Address this user
Why just not incorporate it in a routine to make the workout more fun? I do it and it feels good. Why everyone's so upset?
Post 52 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
@Tritons thats what i said man, i love incline, probably my favorite!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Cannonball private msg quote post Address this user
Inclines are good for training front shoulders.
Post 54 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
I am amazed to see that argument about incline bench is still ongoing. This has been discussed a million times. haha.
Post 55 IP   flag post

GrizzlyBerg private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzzst
I never said I do not perform flat bench. Once again assumptions are being made. I use flat bench to start every single on of my chest workouts. I just stated that I get a way better contraction from incline. Which is why I always do it after flat. I'm not saying anyone is wrong or right, but I did say that I believe it is personal preference and whatever you get results from you should stick to. You have a good body bud, I would probably look the exact same if I actually committed to cutting. But, my point of the "don't listen to a guy from a forum" is basically meaning go out and try them for yourself and actually SEE what you get results from.

I am not arguing that inclines are not useful. If you like inclines do them. If you like flat and inclines do them both. No hair of my chest. I was arguing that you can still properly develop your chest and shoulders with flat bench only.
Post 56 IP   flag post
bslo private msg quote post Address this user
I do flat bench for heavy 5s and 3s and usually incline Ill do 8-12 for no other reason than Im indecisive and I like to bench.
Post 57 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
who fucking cares lol, this has been ongoing for 3 years..

i do mostly incline presses, why? because I find it is less strain on my shoulders and my chest gets more out of them, I go relatively wide with them and stretch and contract on every rep..

when i do flat, i keep it more narrow now to reduce rotator cuff issues for myself..

do whatever lift you feel more comfortable with and train the fucking hell out of it.. incline may be more effective for you then flat and vice versa..

i have one of the biggest chests if not the biggest (maybe not the strongest but i still press close to 400lbs) and i do ALLLL INCLINE work and include some flat here and there..
Post 58 IP   flag post
qtdreams92 private msg quote post Address this user
Is there any benefit to doing them with bar bells over dumbells? Or is it personal preference? Like I feel safer holding dumbells than a massive bar over my head.
Other option is the incline press machine and smith machine obviously.
Post 59 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
DBs are far safer for the shoulder joint. Less torque, less abduction and ER at the GHJ, so less instability and Far easier glenohumeral ligament complex. -3X
Post 60 IP   flag post
340620 60 10
destitute