Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split Advice

How long do you stick to routine?16508

Zepa private msg quote post Address this user
^ Title.
How long do you stick to routine / program ? I know its not recommended switching routines every month but I ve been running L/P/P for 8 weeks now probably will do it for 4 more and then switch up to Candito.
Post 1 IP   flag post
qtdreams92 private msg quote post Address this user
For as long as you are getting gains from it and enjoying it and not bored sick of it (v important)? So 3 months is enough to judge if it is working for your goals. then go as long as you like!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
There's really no need to ever change routine if the one you're on is good (volume, frequency, periodization etc) and if you're making gains on it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawsteel
There's really no need to ever change routine if the one you're on is good (volume, frequency, periodization etc) and if you're making gains on it.

You got good point there but I easily get boerd so I am one of those people that have to switch routines.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
What's more important to you- optimal progress or not being bored? Neuromoror recruitment of muscle fibers doesn't hit a max until 6-8 weeks. It's only at that point you start making optimal gains.

By the way- I ran WSBB for nearly ten years. -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@Zepa Ran candito for 42weeks... Didn't stop cause kept making gains..
Now I'm in need of a new challenge mentally to keep it fresh and interesting !!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Minimum length of time I've ever run a routine was strong lifts for about 12 weeks. I've run others for over 2 years.

What's boring about making gains?
Post 7 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi its your fault that I want to quit L/P/P to start Candito.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Dem41 private msg quote post Address this user
Have been running wendlers 5/3/1 for a year and a half , only changes have been the assistance work. Still getting stronger
Post 9 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
ive always done muscle splits with lower/higher volume and same with weight, rotate exercises in and out.. stick to some heavy compounds and aim for 8-12 reps with high intensity
Post 10 IP   flag post
340752 10 10
destitute