Carb CyclingCarbsDiet AdviceFemale FitnessNewbie

carb cycling help!16464

The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by macydawn
@eknight my head is going to explode!

I see the people who do it though and they look like freaks. In a good way.

I honestly don't doubt that, but so do many of the people who DON'T use it. It's a different path to the same destination. But it doesn't offer any greater benefit. -3X
Post 26 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Those people also tend to plateau with their weight and decrease carbs even further which doesn't help the case. I've never gone below 200g of carbs and still burned fat like a furnace and maintained muscle mass. Also have a lot more energy for my workouts & keep strength.
Post 27 IP   flag post
macydawn private msg quote post Address this user
@nine0seven these athletes are seeing increased numbers in lifts and performance, while maintaining low body fat. 200g of carbs would be a low day for them.
Post 28 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by macydawn
@nine0seven these athletes are seeing increased numbers in lifts and performance, while maintaining low body fat. 200g of carbs would be a low day for them.

Ah, that makes sense. 200g of carbs would be low for me as well.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
On a side note, all these people you see on social media swearing by carb cycling are taking the special smarties! A friend of mine just won his elite pro card and was under coaching from Scott Francis, his carb cycling was Low Low Low high repeat.

The idea was to shock the body and stop if from attacking the body proteins and continue to use fat as an energy source. Is this method any beneficial? Just look at the everyone else's posts
Post 30 IP   flag post

@Hamer93 I decided against carb cycling, and started reading up on carb back-loading. Just educating myself.
Post 31 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight Great answer as always.

@nine0seven agreed no need to attack the carbs below that !
I'd be a moody bastard under 200-250g of carbs.

@macy I think u might be caught up chasing the shiny red ball like most novices and it's understandable as there are so many diff trains of though.. But consistency and patience are key KEY factors in dieting !!
Post 32 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi I was looking for something different and educating myself on different paths. Obviously we all want the same results -- to lift heavy shit & to look hot. The counting/weighing/fitting macros was just getting a little redundant to me. I think we all experience that feeling from time to time. Huge believer in always learning, always changing.
Post 33 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
^^ great way to be @macydawn
Post 34 IP   flag post
340789 34 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute