Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
IntroductionPhysiqueProgress UpdateSplit AdviceTraining Log

lifting for 1 year. Results so far16439

eddyserb private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys today marks my 1 year mark where I got srs about lifting.

A little bit about myself
172 5% bodyfat
Max (Deadlift) 325p can't anymore shattered middle finger
Max (curl) 125p
Max (Squat) 325p
Max (Bench)haven't maxed in 6 mo Max for that was 215

My training is interrupted by a broken finger. (no dumbbells)

Mon Chest,back,shoulders
Tues Biceps, Triceps, Forearms
Wedns Legs, calves
Thurs Repeat mon
Fri Reapeat Tues
Sat Reapeat wends
Sun Off

My diet is on point Ill be in the gym for about an 1hr each day
Post 1 IP   flag post

Post 2 IP   flag post
databas1c private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyserb
Max (curl) 125p

I'd love to see this video. You could give CT fletcher a run for his money.
Post 3 IP   flag post
databas1c private msg quote post Address this user
Your split is also garbage.
Post 4 IP   flag post
qtdreams92 private msg quote post Address this user
I have to complement you on nice shoulders.

5% is very low BF! From my studies that is very hard to avhieve and maintain so to do this just in 1 yr is super amazing.

What program is your split base on? Is it something you wrote up yourself?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
How did you measure your bf? You are low, but not that low.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
I'd say a little over twice that amount.

-3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
Zepa private msg quote post Address this user
Looking great. But why do you keep it so lean ? Do you compete or its just for likes on instagram ?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Danimal_88 private msg quote post Address this user
@Zepa Its not that lean, he is right around 10-12% which is very healthy to maintain. No need to go much higher than that.
Post 9 IP   flag post
10-12% is a good look.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
@Zepa 10-12% is actually a really good body fat to maintain while making gains, especially for a beginner. Too many people gain tons of fat when they start lifting.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@qtdreams92 I have never met a woman who finds sub 6% attractive. My GF hates when I get that lean - Too boney, not comfortable to lay-on, irritable, and chronically fatigued.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Rawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal_88
Too boney
Roflcopters
Post 13 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawn
Quote:
Too boney
Roflcopters

this haha.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Too boney, not comfortable to lay-on, irritable, and chronically fatigued.

Boney? The deal breaker is too veiny, like head to toe veins that I can see an feel. It makes me think of snake skin. Eew!

And a guy with PMS is not good
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtdreams92
Quote:

Boney? The deal breaker is too veiny, like head to toe veins that I can see an feel. It makes me think of snake skin. Eew!

#dickskin
Post 16 IP   flag post
@qtdreams92 Haha I've definitely heard that one before. I'm really vascular even above 10% body fat. I like my veins, though.
Post 17 IP   flag post
been tested multiple times each time it read 5ish% bf from the poke to the electromagnetic pulse.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepa
Looking great. But why do you keep it so lean ? Do you compete or its just for likes on instagram ?

Thanks man! For now I just like doing this as a hobby.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtdreams92
Quote:

Its funny how a lot of people say that. I'm not even trying to lose wight. Im not a dinosaur like most of you think. This is my genetics if I move from 5% to 6 that would be great but it doesn't happen.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
been tested multiple times each time it read 5ish% bf from the poke to the electromagnetic pulse.

Those are both fairly inaccurate ways to measure. Don't get me wrong, your'e lean. But 5% is the upper limit of essential body fat, so you'd basically be walking around in full bodybuilder contest mode haha.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight

-3X

Wow you go over a picture that was created years ago. This is not the "standard chart" of with BF is measured. There are a couple cofactors to why I don't look like them !1st off anavar/trenbolone are used to densify the muscles in the body played a long with muscle maturity yields these results. I don't workout my abs

If you trained abs regularly by doing sit ups, you’d only shock the central nervous system out of balance, hampering your overall muscle gains.

BTW don't forget all the photoshop that goes into some of those pictures.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

As Beans said, they are inaccurate, especially body fat scales.
My quess is that you're around 8-10%.
Btw, are you flexing your abs in the picture? If so, you might want to start working on them because they are behind ALOT.

Quote:
I don't workout my abs

According to Vince Gironda, if you trained abs regularly by doing sit ups, you’d only shock the central nervous system out of balance, hampering your overall muscle gains.

Start training your abs like your other muscles, you need it, both for the hypertrophy and to avoid a muscular imbalance in your core.
Just don't do sit-ups if you care about your back health, stick to planks, ab rollout, crunches and leg raises where you don't go so high that your lower back rounds.
Post 23 IP   flag post
http://forum.simplyshredded.com/profile/cardinal

Stealing cardinal's profile to make a point.

Abs aren't the only thing that show low body fat. By your estimation he would have been 0-1%. Also known as dead.
Post 24 IP   flag post
OP claims picture is outdated. Cites personal trainer from the 50's about central nervous system.
Post 25 IP   flag post
GrizzlyBerg private msg quote post Address this user
Ugh this kid again.

Not going to lie, you looked leaner 5 months ago (pics on left) than you do now, even though you claim to be the same BW but 2% lower in BF.

From your post 5 months ago:

Quote:
Max
Deadlift
1MR-315x1
Bench/incline
1MR 215x1 Bar to chest
Squat
1MR 315 ass to grass
I am not that strong and I understand that but overtime I will be blessed by the gods

I guess the gods still haven't blessed you.

What have you been doing for the past 5 months? Obviously not getting bigger or stronger.

In for another "motivational" video BTW.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight

-3X

Wow you go over a picture that was created years ago. This is not the "standard chart" of with BF is measured. There are a couple cofactors to why I don't look like them !1st off anavar/trenbolone are used to densify the muscles in the body played a long with muscle maturity yields these results. I don't workout my abs

you're pretty far off what AAS and PEDS are being used here bud. don't spout shit like you know something. your bodyfat is not 5%, youre lean but definitely not that lean which is good. you don't have much muscle to show off regardless.

keep training hard, eating properly and sleeping well. you'll grow and in a couple years have a solid physique to show off.
Post 27 IP   flag post

I think this is not to bad for not training abs.
Post 28 IP   flag post
you are not 5-6%. see the video below for my coach's (Alberto Nunez)DEXA Scan. He was DEXA scanned at 6.2%. You are obviously not remotely close to this level of conditioning.

That being said, you have done a great job for only lifting for one year and you should be proud of that. But you are not 5-6%, more like 10-12%. That's not an insult, just the facts. Keep training bud. Maybe next time consider creating a log about your training and not another one just posting photos of your progress.... give us a reason to support you
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
you are not 5-6%. see the video below for my coach's (Alberto Nunez)DEXA Scan. He was DEXA scanned at 6.2%. You are obviously not remotely close to this level of conditioning.

That being said, you have done a great job for only lifting for one year and you should be proud of that. But you are not 5-6%, more like 10-12%. That's not an insult, just the facts. Keep training bud. Maybe next time consider creating a log about your training and not another one just posting photos of your progress.... give us a reason to support you

wow thats looks crazy
Post 30 IP   flag post
340762 40 30
destitute