Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Misc.Split Advice

What routine have you had the most FUN with?16432

SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
I've seen guys at my gym do the exact same routine every week since i joined the gym. Other guys seem like they just do whatever the hell they feel like and use every open machine.

What routine have you done that you had the most fun with?

Fun could be constituted in size or strength gains or just general happiness when following it.

I've been following a slightly altered PHAT routine and as lame and incorrect this may sound, i feel like something a bit more 'bodybuilding' esque would be fun for a while. Dont get me wrong, i love those 2 heavy power days, but the other 3 days have become a drag.

Looked at the few links in the FAQ and nothing really appealed all that much.(5/3/1,wsbb,phat,the starter routines)
Post 1 IP   flag post
MMB private msg quote post Address this user
I ran bro splits the major time, then joined here and tryed PHAT. I liked it and realised I had much more fun doing the "power" days. So I switched to 5/3/1, ran it 3 different ways. I just finished cube kingpin this week. Went to crossfit 3 times in my life.

Overall what I enjoyed the most was advanced 5/3/1. But I'll have to admit that, if there was a gym with a coach where I could do oly weightlifting, I'd switch to that. These lifts are just way to fun to perform. I see this sport as an art since you have to master the technique in order to have good performance.

So in the end, I'm training toward powerlifting, trying different programmes and enjoying the progress!
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
I liked WSBB, PHAT, and the version of the Cube I'm running now. -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
get outta here with your gay ass self promo.

@eknight , what do you think were the parts of those routines that made you enjoy them?

@MMB , i feel like almost going back to a bro split just because of the fun/random factor, but it would suck to know that im not making improvements as optimally as if i were doing a designed program.

I have not heard of kingpin, about to look that up.
Post 4 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Conjugate method by far.
Post 5 IP   flag post
qtdreams92 private msg quote post Address this user
I am thinking about trying out phat, but I am horrified by stories of people burning out in the first month of doing it.

It looks okie on paper but it does sound like a LOT of work so the sleep and diet has to be on target.

Maybe good if you come from xfit background
Post 6 IP   flag post
Zepa private msg quote post Address this user
PHAT was fun, also I am enjoyin L/P/P
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Each of those routines had variety and a power aspect to them, so that was probably the appeal.

@qtdreams92 we don't allow sketchy people with crossfit backgrounds on this forum. 😜 -3X
Post 8 IP   flag post
Rand private msg quote post Address this user
For me the the programs that are the most fun are the ones that I design or modify. May not be optimal but I enjoy it and it's part of the fun of lifting.
Post 9 IP   flag post
The more i read around, the more i see people are enjoying phat. Perhaps i should just add some substitutes for the accessory work so i feel like im changing something up.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Zepa private msg quote post Address this user
@SOLARSUPLEX PHAT is just template so its changeable
Post 11 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
5/3/1 boring but big
Post 12 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
2 on, 1 off, 2 on legs/pull/push using nonlinear periodization.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Tritons private msg quote post Address this user
When i did upper/lower split it was pretty fun, im thinking of doing it again
Post 14 IP   flag post
Beastmode1607 private msg quote post Address this user
Chest/tri, back/bi, shoulders/calves, quads/hammys
Post 15 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Tbh the most enjoyable routine I've did is no routine at all. Literally just go in the gym, blast music, and just lift for an hour.

I know a lot of you have structered routine but I feel like I'm able to maximize my gains by listening to my body.
Post 16 IP   flag post
3six9 private msg quote post Address this user
The most enjoyable tbh is if I go to the gym and just train on instinct.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Southeastbrah private msg quote post Address this user
Never really had a set routine I usually go by feels.
Post 18 IP   flag post
340618 18 18
destitute