Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingNewbieSplit Advice

Wasting N00b gainz,by cutting as a beginner?16423

forgottenpass private msg quote post Address this user
GUYS NEED YOU HELP ON THIS.

So i have this thought that has been keeping me from starting an a official cut. I need to cut lots of weight and i am a beginner(no muscle, weak), and i believe that if i cut now along with lifting weights as a beginner i wont be able to take advantage of my noob gains and i will lose them, cause im in a deficit. Like once i start bulking again i wont have any noob gains because i wont be a beginner cause i have lifted for a few months,but i didnt gain size because i was on a cut. versues if i was a beginner and bulked first gaining lots of muscle, from thee noob gains.

please tell me if i'm wrong??????
Post 1 IP   flag post
bump
Post 2 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottenpass
bump
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Depends on how much you have to cut imo. A pic would help.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
Depends on how much you have to cut imo. A pic would help.

this was from a few months ago, but same weight.

Post 5 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
I think you should really... I mean it will take a while to get all that off after your bulk... You don't want to spend 4-6 months cutting when you can be making gains so. Imo cut, but do whatever
Post 6 IP   flag post
Beastmode1607 private msg quote post Address this user
Cut... Lift hard and smart, cardio (which ever works for you) nutrient timing, and when you start to plateau switch it up, maybe intermittent fasting if a plateau should come. That's usually what I do. Get diet in check and no iifym bs, clean foods!!! No pixi sticks and hot dogs
Post 7 IP   flag post
jja0016 private msg quote post Address this user
you can lose fat and gain muscle if you're just starting.

Especially more so because you have a good amount of fat.
Post 8 IP   flag post
leanr0x private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmode1607
Cut... Lift hard and smart, cardio (which ever works for you) nutrient timing, and when you start to plateau switch it up, maybe intermittent fasting if a plateau should come. That's usually what I do. Get diet in check and no iifym bs, clean foods!!! No pixi sticks and hot dogs

what a bullshit

better cut and get rid off that fat, iifym + lifting and you will be fine
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm DEFINETLY gonna cut, but I was wondering once I am finished cutting and I start lean bulking will my noob gains be wasted?
Post 10 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
Don't worry about the noob gains wdf lol. Just finish the cut and bulk.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmothyGen
Don't worry about the noob gains wdf lol. Just finish the cut and bulk.

I agree with this. If you aren't comfortable with your body fat, I'd cut. Noob gains are great, but in the long run consistency and time are what matters.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:

IIFYM bs? I bet you're one of those people that think IIFYM macros means eating nothing but junk food.
Post 13 IP   flag post
LOL I FEEL DUMB.

After reading many threads made about this topic, wasting noob gains on a cut. I know now that it isn't a special window of opportunity that goes away instantly if you don't take advantage of. It's just gains depending on ones experience level.now I don't have to stress about losing my noob gains on a cut, cause I can still take advantage of them once I start lean bulking.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Danimal_88 private msg quote post Address this user
I lost bodyfat and gained muscle for probably the first 4-5 months of actual training.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal_88
I lost bodyfat and gained muscle for probably the first 4-5 months of actual training.

WTF, wow nice man!
Were you cutting, bulking or just didn't know what you were doing and just lifted and ate.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
Quote:

IIFYM bs? I bet you're one of those people that think IIFYM macros means eating nothing but junk food.

If you can fit a donut here and there that's fine but all your carbs shouldn't come from donuts and fries like I see a bit of people do. That's just my opinion
Post 17 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@Beastmode1607 there's no such thing as "clean foods." Food is food in terms of fat loss. Google "Mark Haub Twinkie diet." -3X
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Beastmode1607 Exactly. Flexible dieting. IIFYM. I don't get why some people think IIFYM means eating nothing but mcdonalds and candy. "Clean eating" has absolutely no meaning. Having a healthy relationship with food and knowing that eating a few cookies rather than sweet potato won't make a difference is what it means.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@eknight yes there is healthy aka clean foods
Post 20 IP   flag post
@Beastmode1607 I'm @eknight side on this one.

Example: You mentioned hot dogs as dirty food. The hot dogs in my freezer have two ingredients: Beef, and water. So the difference between those and the steak I bought last week? One is ground and stuck in a casing. Dirty and clean are preconceived notions that make 0% difference on fat loss. Should you eat only shitty food? No. But overall calories is king.
Post 21 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@eknight yes there is healthy aka clean foods

Care to elaborate?

Your stomach and intestines break down whatever you eat and absorb it all the same way. Doesn't matter if it's a potato, a pixie stick, or something in between. It's all glucose when it's absorbed. -3X
Post 22 IP   flag post
340762 22 22
destitute