Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split AdviceTanning

What are the benefits of tanning?16387

TamiMV private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Tami here just wanna know your own opinion about tanning
and i'm wondering what is really the benefits of tanning ?

im a little pale but if i got a good answer in here i'll definitely go tanning
Post 1 IP   flag post
Xxlean private msg quote post Address this user
Aside from looking better, I don't think there are any benefits to tanning. In fact I find it more harmful to your body than good.
But if your gonna tan, moderation is key. You don't want that orange leather looking skin.
Post 2 IP   flag post
golago private msg quote post Address this user
@TamiMV

transfer cholesterol to vitamin d
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cannonball private msg quote post Address this user
i guess getting cancer is a benefit if you want to die
Post 4 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
Spray tan
Post 5 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@TamiMV From what i've heard..
-Vitamin D (Which has a big impact on mood, bone health, reduction in chances of colon, prostate and breast cancer)
-Can help with spots, acne, psoriasis and skin problems but on the counter can speed up likelihood of wrinkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball

As far as i aware this was an initial belief when sunbeds came out and there was drastic overuse with uncalibrated calibrations.
Studies have shown that there isn't much of a difference between the uv rays from sunbeds and that of the sun.
The SUN also causes cancer with overuse and no protection(sunscreen).
My buddy was telling me that of 23 studies dating back to 1980 6 showed that sunbeds actually REDUCED the risk of skin cancer. As small use helped skin to adjust to the sun prior to holidays where drastic overexposure increases chances of cancer.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Cannonball private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanSi
@TamiMV From what i've heard..
-Vitamin D (Which has a big impact on mood, bone health, reduction in chances of colon, prostate and breast cancer)
-Can help with spots, acne, psoriasis and skin problems but on the counter can speed up likelihood of wrinkles

Quote:

As far as i aware this was an initial belief when sunbeds came out and there was drastic overuse with uncalibrated calibrations.
Studies have shown that there isn't much of a difference between the uv rays from sunbeds and that of the sun.
The SUN also causes cancer with overuse and no protection(sunscreen).
My buddy was telling me that of 23 studies dating back to 1980 6 showed that sunbeds actually REDUCED the risk of skin cancer. As small use helped skin to adjust to the sun prior to holidays where drastic overexposure increases chances of cancer.

afaik its the other way around; the studies have shown more and more danger with sunbeds, but im just repeating what a smarter and more aware person than myself have said so dont listen to me
Post 7 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
use melanotan2 before tanning for increased melanin production, tan 5-7 tans, be beautifully tan, go out in the sun for 20 minutes once a week and keep the tan for months. minimal exposure for a tan, look great, and reap the benefits.
Post 8 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
what a smarter and more aware person

who was that ??
Post 9 IP   flag post
Rand private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanSi
Quote: