Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingDiet AdviceMacrosSplit Advice

Macros question16370

dserious111 private msg quote post Address this user
Stats
32 years old
6'2" 221lbs
Workout L/P/P 3 days a week and the 4th day I alternate push, pull or legs. Cardio either HIIT or LISS twice a week.
Here's the dilemma. Recently have been recalculating my macros. Currently at 2340 50/30/20 split. According to certain calculators my daily activity is around 3300 and I should be cutting at 2700 or so. BUT, (don't kill me) I have a Fitbit which tells me my TDEE is 2800. Now before you tell me to do a trial and error, I've been losing fat but scale hasn't been budging. So should I change up my carbs and fats? Or should I change up calories as a whole? Both? Because I figure at 2400 calories daily, the scale should be moving regardless, right?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Unless I'm dealing with my very first plateau?
Post 2 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@dserious111 I find that percentage macro splits really dont work for most people cause all body types are different.
Also u definately NOT losing fat and staying the same weight unless it's literally ur first yr of lifting or ur on drugs.
How long have u been tracking calories for ??
Doesnt sound like long and it's thats the case most people undereat alot of the time and when they start tracking realise this.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi I've been tracking for a couple years now. I believe it may be my scale. It's one of those $15 scales (digital). Gave me 3 different readings today. Then I moved it to another location and it was a whole different reading again. I'm meticulous with calorie counting and macros so I know it isn't that. Went from 240 to 195lbs off of macro counting. I think I'll just weigh in at the gym weekly in the mornings for 2 weeks to see
Post 4 IP   flag post
Zepa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dserious111
@FiremanSi I've been tracking for a couple years now. I believe it may be my scale. It's one of those $15 scales (digital). Gave me 3 different readings today. Then I moved it to another location and it was a whole different reading again. I'm meticulous with calorie counting and macros so I know it isn't that. Went from 240 to 195lbs off of macro counting. I think I'll just weigh in at the gym weekly in the mornings for 2 weeks to see

I got cheap scale too. I always make sure I place it on same spot like always. (I got my ritual piss then on scale)I weight myself 3 times in row just to make it sure it shows same numbers.
Post 5 IP   flag post
340618 5 5
destitute