Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingDeadliftSplit AdviceTraining Programs

PPL question16357

dserious111 private msg quote post Address this user
Have currently been doing deadlifts during my PPL routine. Can you add sumo deadlifts and/or stiff leg deadlifts in tandem with normal deadlifts? Or would that be too much on the body? Keep in mind I'm on a cut.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dserious111
Have currently been doing deadlifts during my PPL routine. Can you add sumo deadlifts and/or stiff leg deadlifts in tandem with normal deadlifts? Or would that be too much on the body? Keep in mind I'm on a cut.

Depends on how you're running your program. They're all mostly leg exercises, though I did deads on my pull days. Assuming you're doing squats as well (maybe you aren't?) you would probably benefit more from doing squats, ham curls, and maybe another leg accessory on legs day, and doing deads and more back exercises on pull day. PPL is really about keeping it simple and going hard on the big lifts. That would be a little much as far as intensity goes imo, and I think it would be more efficient using some other exercises and not wasting the energy. That's just what I would do, though. You might find a way to work them in.
Post 2 IP   flag post
dserious111 private msg quote post Address this user
@Beans oh ok. Yea I have deads on my pull days
Post 3 IP   flag post
340616 3 3
destitute