Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Female FitnessForm CritiqueLegsProgress UpdateSplit AdviceSquats

Squat form!16340

Jiaxie97 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys, update on squat form. This is me squatting 115 pounds (about my bodyweight). My gym has no squat rack, so for about 6 months seriously lifting, I have been using smith machine squats. However, I decided to suck it up and not whine about not having a squat racked, and racked the bar on my backs using a bench press . Anyways, I posted last time my squats when I first stated doing them a week ago, got lots of good feedback, and have fixed more of my problem (mainly my hips TD to shoot up.) tell me what you all think! Thanks
http://youtu.be/0Rr8ux5HZN8
Post 1 IP   flag post
Anyone...?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Xxlean private msg quote post Address this user
I thought your form looked pretty good. Nothing really alarming stood out.. Look like good squats to me. Good work.
Post 3 IP   flag post
TyrannosaurusFlex private msg quote post Address this user
You don't need to go any deeper than parallell to the ground. Also, try to push your knees outward hard all throughout the movement. Other than that, looks good!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks guys! And @TyrannosaurusFlex, isn't the saying "ass to grass?" Going deeper is better for the knee joints than stopping at parallel, and you will have better posterior development
Post 5 IP   flag post
Perfidy private msg quote post Address this user
Going below parallel isn't better for knee joints, it puts more stress on them.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hmm from what I read on bodybuilding.com the opposite is the case. But honestly I feel better whe I squat down lower- it just feels more natural lol. Where did you hear going below parallel is bad for knee joints?
Post 7 IP   flag post
3six9 private msg quote post Address this user
Squta look pretty good to me fella.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you thank you!
Post 9 IP   flag post
TyrannosaurusFlex private msg quote post Address this user
It's due to the tibiofemoral force exerted on the knee joint in the lowest part of the movement. I don't remember exactly, but @eknight proved this to be the case, backed by peer-reviewed scientific studies. Your posterior chain will develop just fine without going "ass to grass".
Post 10 IP   flag post
340735 10 10
destitute