Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Rep RangeSplit Advice

important questions I need answer to16334

XxSAVAGEx private msg quote post Address this user
some important questions I need answer to:

- heavy singles vs heavy doubles vs heavy triples. whats best for strength?

- how many sets should you do for heavy singles?

- when going from heavy single to 10 reps, how much kg do you need to decrease the weight, 15 kg, 20 kg??

- is doing some sets of heavy singles, then lower the weight and do some sets of 10 reps good for strength and size gainz?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSAVAGEx

- heavy singles vs heavy doubles vs heavy triples. whats best for strength? Doing a mix of them. Pick a program that uses different rep ranges strategically.

Depends on the program, what percentage of you 1rm you are doing, etc.

- when going from heavy single to 10 reps, how much kg do you need to decrease the weight, 15 kg, 20 kg?? http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/other7.htm These calculators aren't perfect, it takes trial and error.

- is doing some sets of heavy singles, then lower the weight and do some sets of 10 reps good for strength and size gainz?
Progressive overload and eating in a surplus are more meaningful than doing "strength" or "hypertrophy" rep ranges. Just doing them willy nilly won't help much. Pick a program that incorporates both if that's what you want to do.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MMB private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSAVAGEx

- heavy singles vs heavy doubles vs heavy triples. whats best for strength? Doing a mix of them. Pick a program that uses different rep ranges strategically.
This
Depends on the program, what percentage of you 1rm you are doing, etc.

- when going from heavy single to 10 reps, how much kg do you need to decrease the weight, 15 kg, 20 kg?? http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/other7.htm These calculators aren't perfect, it takes trial and error.

Progressive overload and eating in a surplus are more meaningful than doing "strength" or "hypertrophy" rep ranges. Just doing them willy nilly won't help much. Pick a program that incorporates both if that's what you want to do.
Post 3 IP   flag post
340762 3 3
destitute