Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Female FitnessLegsMacrosNewbieSplit Advice

URGENT help needed Plz PICS16311

Greekyogurtgoddess private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I'm desperate for help right now. I Want to start TODAY. I want to look leaner and more defined in as little time as I can but I want to also bulk. But I know my bf is way too high to bulk and if I did maintenance, the fat loss would be really slow.

Right now I weigh 145lbs at 5'5'', im planning 140g protein? With about 30g fat, and 100g carbs? This comes out to ~1200-1300cals. And I'll lower carbs depending on if I lift that day or not. On rest days I'll cut to ~50g carb

Workout split
Back biceps
Chest shoulders
Legs glutes
Rest
Back biceps
legs glutes
Chest shoulders

And cardio/core at night for 45 min on everyday but leg days and rest days. Yoga on rest days.

4-5 meals per day. Or iifym depending on the day. Would this work? How long should I cut till in your opinion based upon my pictures.

Thank you sooo so much, I'm really in Need of help. Thank you

Also what rep range? #sets? I would like to have excellent legs/glutes and shoulders over anything else but I know they'll just be more defined, I can't gain muscle on a cut. So more volume on leg days? 12-15 reps otherwise
Post 1 IP   flag post
Oh also, I'm flexing in those pics. I Just look fat and flabby when I dont :/

For meals, I'm doing greek yogurt with whey, blueberries, and pb, in the morning preworkout. Then sweet potato or beets with turkey/chicken/egg whites post workout. And brocc, cauli, spinach etc with lean proteins for the other meals and the occasional quest/fiber protein bar if needed (I work and study full time)

I would really really really like to compete next year but want to lean out so I can start to lean bulk. Right now I have like no muscle
Post 2 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
read the FAQ at the top of the threads.
reevaluate your calories and goals.

sorry to break it to you, but you will not be competitjon ready in one year. those girls have put many years into developing their bodies or come from athletic backgrounds.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tamere02 private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome
Check out the FAQ thread it will explain a lot of the basics.
Atm your nutrition just looks terrible, not enough calories and carbs way too much cardio.
Your split also looks like somewhat of a mess.
Once you read the FAQ and you have any more questions or don't understand anything im sure a lot of people on here will be glad to help but I honestly think everyone else who comments will tell you to read the FAQ.

Regarding you competing next year, by all means you can but there is no way you will be competitive (not in a rude way)so I wouldn't set my goals to something that is unrealistic.

And from those pics you don't look bad, the way you describe yourself you would think you are an obese person. I don't personally see why you couldn't go on a controlled lean bulk gaining at a slow rate and then cut.
Post 4 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Fact: you are either gaining or losing mass

Mass: Anything that takes up space (fat AND muscle)

Fact: that little food and that much cardio WILL end in borderline anorexic eating with low brain functionality.

this is not what you want to hear, but it's what you need.

Spend 3-6 months upping your metabolic rate. Get up to 23-2600 calories a day without gaining tons of weight. Then you actually have something to cut back from. If you continue with the plan you have, you are gonna feel like shit, look flat, have no muscle, and be drained all the time. Not worth it.

On the bright side, use that time to improve your form in the gym. Learn how to cope with eating as much as you'll need too. And don't forget, you gain can strength and muscle mass while eating over maintence. Strength being the key factor. Have fun!

Do yourself a favor and plan for the distant future, not tomorrow.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Ok you guys are right. I'm just sick of having so much fat on me :/ I figured the lower cals would help it go quicker but I guess if I ate more and lifted heavier I would probably look better than if I was eating less and tired all the time with wimpy lifts.

If I did increase to about 1600-1800 I would still lose fat at a decent rate right with my cals to maintain being 2100?

Thanks again, I appreciate all your help.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLARSUPLEX
Fact: you are either gaining or losing mass

Mass: Anything that takes up space (fat AND muscle)

Fact: that little food and that much cardio WILL end in borderline anorexic eating with low brain functionality.

this is not what you want to hear, but it's what you need.

Spend 3-6 months upping your metabolic rate. Get up to 23-2600 calories a day without gaining tons of weight. Then you actually have something to cut back from. If you continue with the plan you have, you are gonna feel like shit, look flat, have no muscle, and be drained all the time. Not worth it.

On the bright side, use that time to improve your form in the gym. Learn how to cope with eating as much as you'll need too. And don't forget, you gain can strength and muscle mass while eating over maintence. Strength being the key factor. Have fun!

Do yourself a favor and plan for the distant future, not tomorrow.

Went through recovery but i still have that eat as little as possible mentality 2300 is over maintence though, I wouldn't gain fat from that? I gain easily
Post 7 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
What I'm basically saying is...

Each week add 40-50 calories and be strict about your diet. After a few months you should have optimally increase your metabolic rate. 40-50 might even be too high...

I'm no coach by any means.

You just have to understand that you are not going t transform over a months time. This is the long haul. There are things that work, then there are things that work optimally. Why waste your time, money, effort doing something that will only slightly work.

Don't short change yourself.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLARSUPLEX
What I'm basically saying is...

Each week add 40-50 calories and be strict about your diet. After a few months you should have optimally increase your metabolic rate. 40-50 might even be too high...

I'm no coach by any means.

You just have to understand that you are not going t transform over a months time. This is the long haul. There are things that work, then there are things that work optimally. Why waste your time, money, effort doing something that will only slightly work.

Don't short change yourself.

Thanks so much, I read the faq. I'll try the basic 12 week workout out, it's 4 days a week, much less than im used to but it doesn't hurt to try and see what happens.

As far as diet, I set it at 1600 for now then increase till I get around the range you mentioned. But it'll def be in small increments.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I know this thread is a tiny bit old, but coming back to this.

I've settled on 1800 cals, 60f, 140p, and the rest carbs.

IS THIS TOO MUCH? I'm a little freaked out, I've never planned to eat more than like 1000-1400 cals ever. Ill do this for a week no matter what but what should I expect? It's not a slur plus but not also deficit.

So doing 3 sets of heavy heavy 8 reps push/pull 5X week with 30 min cardio...a recomp? Or will I look about the same?
Just wondering whether it would be more efficient to do lower cals to cut quicker and then do a steady bulk.

Either way my goal is to gain muscle and lose fat I just want to make sure I'm doing what's best to achieve that efficiently

Thank you
Post 10 IP   flag post
Tamere02 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekyogurtgoddess

IS THIS TOO MUCH? I'm a little freaked out, I've never planned to eat more than like 1000-1400 cals ever. Ill do this for a week no matter what but what should I expect? It's not a slur plus but not also deficit.

So doing 3 sets of heavy heavy 8 reps push/pull 5X week with 30 min cardio...a recomp? Or will I look about the same?
Just wondering whether it would be more efficient to do lower cals to cut quicker and then do a steady bulk.

Either way my goal is to gain muscle and lose fat I just want to make sure I'm doing what's best to achieve that efficiently

Thank you

If its not a surplus or deficit you should expect to not see any change on the scale. I doubt your at exactly maintenance so I would expect a slight drop or a slight gain in weight. Stick with those macros and then alter them after 2 weeks based on whats happened and your goals.

A recomp is pretty much a waste of time. The body cannot really gain muscle and lose fat at the same time (noob gains not included).

With that said a recomp wouldn't be a specific programme but more training at maintenance kcals and trying to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

You will be better served either being in a surplus and doing a lean bulk and then cutting or cutting and then going on a lean bulk.

Short answer= The most efficient way of reaching your goal of losing fat and gaining muscle is to accept they cannot be achieved at the same time and prioritising one for the moment and then attacking the second part in the future.

Hope I helped.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamere02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekyogurtgoddess

Thank you

If its not a surplus or deficit you should expect to not see any change on the scale. I doubt your at exactly maintenance so I would expect a slight drop or a slight gain in weight. Stick with those macros and then alter them after 2 weeks based on whats happened and your goals.

A recomp is pretty much a waste of time. The body cannot really gain muscle and lose fat at the same time (noob gains not included).

With that said a recomp wouldn't be a specific programme but more training at maintenance kcals and trying to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

You will be better served either being in a surplus and doing a lean bulk and then cutting or cutting and then going on a lean bulk.

Short answer= The most efficient way of reaching your goal of losing fat and gaining muscle is to accept they cannot be achieved at the same time and prioritising one for the moment and then attacking the second part in the future.

Hope I helped.

You sure did, thanks

I feared someone would say this, but I'll stick with it for at least a week just to see what happens. I know I gain muscle easily, but I can't expect miracles.

If nothing happens I'll lower to 1600
Post 12 IP   flag post
340624 12 12
destitute