Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
darex private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys

I have been training for about 4 years and never had a gym partner till about 3 months ago. This random dude at the gym start talking to be about 4 months ago and now he is my gym partner. I'm 68kg at 5 6" and he is 100kg at 5 11" and don't lift any heavier than me. Always try to correct my foarm, always late and generally a lazy guy. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a nice dude but a sht training partner . However I think because he piss me off I push harder at the gym lol

Do you guys have traing partners ? Do you think it's better to have someone ?

No homo

Cheers
Post 1 IP   flag post
Danimal_88 private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't had a lifting partner (someone who I actually did the same lifts with) since college. It was fun and easy in college but juts not practical for people who work full time jobs that are not just 9 to 5's. I lift at 5:45am - 7:30am Mon-Fri and I have a core group of guys who work out at the same time. We all have our own separate programming but its nice to have intelligent people to talk to and have people to cheer you on for AMRAPS and provide spots.
Post 2 IP   flag post
wxfreekj private msg quote post Address this user
I train with my wife--I'd let her spot me with heavy weight over some random dude at the gym any day!
Post 3 IP   flag post
3six9 private msg quote post Address this user
I either train with my wife or solo tbh.
Post 4 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
Solo. I go at a short rest pace so can't stand the slow down of working with someone.
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVjack
Solo. I go at a short rest pace so can't stand the slow down of working with someone.

All day this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3six9

Real wife or imaginary one like your avi pic? -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
@eknight Is that not him in the Avi pic? You're not the type to through stuff out there without doing your research so please do tell lol.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
@LVjack Haha no it's not him. Random pro, just Google image it.

I don't train with a partner anymore. It was fun during college, but as @Danimal_88 said, just not practical anymore. When I work out around a friend at the gym I generally do push a little harder, but I don't actually work out with anyone set for set anymore.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Rand private msg quote post Address this user
unless he is MARK OAKES.. but who knows.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Quote:

All day this.

Quote:

Real wife or imaginary one like your avi pic? -3X

Real wife. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
unless he is MARK OAKES.. but who knows.

I know who i am and what i have achieved in my life. If i was a bit off last weekend i had my reasons which were very personnal and something i dont wish to discuss on an open forum tbh.

You can believe who i am or not i really do not have to justify myself to anyone. If you wish to keep on conversing then that is good if not that is not a problem either.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@3six9 So in your intro last week or so you said you're 54 years old and claimed that is you in your Avi. But that is Mark Oakes picture (according to a quick Google search) and he is 43 years old so that rules out you being him.

I honestly don't care but think it's hilarious you told @eknight the other day that he sure talks out his ass a lot. Too funny.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@LVjack I admit I got my age wrong and apologise about that. I said looking back i was 52 and should have said 42. As for the rest i believe my last post says it all really.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@3six9 You should post a pic or video at the gym while holding a spoon. It will clear everything up.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
@3six9 You should post a pic or video at the gym while holding a spoon. It will clear everything up.

I will see what i can do when i am at the gym either friday or saturday
Post 14 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds likes you need to drop the partner. I train with my girlfriend and best friend.
Post 15 IP   flag post
_peterbrah private msg quote post Address this user
I used to train with my friend who's strength was around the same as mine so it was always a competition to see who could improve the most but recently I've really enjoyed training by myself
Post 16 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
@LVjack I admit I got my age wrong and apologise about that. I said looking back i was 52 and should have said 42. As for the rest i believe my last post says it all really.

This is pretty amazing since at age 42, you'd have been in your 30's between 2003 and 2013. You claimed you took a few years off and returned to training in your 30's, but interestingly the real Oakes won contests in 2002 and 2005- during his 20's and when you claim to have returned to training... Something isn't adding up there... -3X
Post 17 IP   flag post
Sharkoon1 private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight Can't escape the eknight polcie! On point, judges say eknight wins.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

This is pretty amazing since at age 42, you'd have been in your 30's between 2003 and 2013. You claimed you took a few years off and returned to training in your 30's, but interestingly the real Oakes won contests in 2002 and 2005- during his 20's and when you claim to have returned to training... Something isn't adding up there... -3X

INB4 "I don't need to prove anything to you guys"
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Born 1972

1st comp in 1992 @20

Next comp in 2002 @30
Post 20 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Nope.

"I completed for the first time at the age of 19 in the South East qualifier for the ANB (Association of Natural Bodybuilders) and came second, thus qualifying for the British Finals. Since then I have competed more or less alternate years."

From an interview Mark gave. Try again? -3X
Post 21 IP   flag post
If this guy is trolling, he got no life. I mean wow he is trying hard.

But how he acted in Duken;s thread, I already knew he was faking his personality, I didn't want to say anything before but all of his questions and how he typed to people, that is not how a mature, grown up guy behaves.
Post 22 IP   flag post
All I know is Ive been reading this forum for almost 4 years (well before I've ever posted anything) and everyone that has tried to go head to head with EK has got their ass handed to them. This is too funny.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Ahh yes the Matt Swaz interview.

More or less since 2002.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@3six9 If you want to prove you are mark oakes and not a troll just write something on your twitter, "shoutout to SS forum" done. But you are not /thread.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Please see post No 10.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Please see post No 10.

You must be a real little bitch to have to act like someone else LOL
Post 27 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Haha don't feed the troll guys. He already already went on rants out of character in other threads. The real Oakes is active on twitter and promotes supp companies and such, he wouldn't hide his identity on a BB forum while using a picture of himself.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
Haha don't feed the troll guys. He already already went on rants out of character in other threads. The real Oakes is active on twitter and promotes supp companies and such, he wouldn't hide his identity on a BB forum while using a picture of himself.

Thanks for the meal LOL. it's only the one company by the way. Reflex Nutrition.
Post 29 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
You're one of them weird guys.
Post 30 IP   flag post
340630 43 30
destitute