Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingIntroductionMacrosSplit AdviceTraining Programs

5 DAY BULKING SPLIT16226

Rui16h private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys so i've built my own 5-day bulking split and would like to know what you guys think.
About me:
This is actually my first post here.
I'm 18, been working out for 2 years now, I am 1,80m, 68Kg and at 9% bodyfat. I'm about to finish my 3 month old cut so I decided to create my own bulking routine. My main goal is to gain muscle but also strenght.
About the workout:
So I made a 5-day split working every muscle group once per week except for calves which are worked twice per week. I gave it a rest day after back day so I have time to recover from deadlifts. I also placed legs between shoulders's and arm's day to give the triceps enougth time to rest.
I designed this focusing on compound movements but also isolation movements for some acessory work.
For the major muscle groups the amount of volume totals at around 120-130 reps per week and the minor ones 60-70 reps.
3 min max rest time between sets on squats, deadlifts and bench press and 1.5-2min for the rest.
I was thinking on doing a HIIT session once per week and abs 3 times a week at the end of my workouts.
And because bodybuilding is 80%nutricion and 20%weight training I'll do a 45/35/20 (carbs/protein/fat) macro split while on a 500Kcal daily surplus. I'll be suplementing only on whey protein keeping water intake at 2-3L per day and at least 7.5h of sleep per night.

So let's get to the workout itself:

MONDAY - CHEST AND CALVES

FLAT BB BENCH PRESS 5*(5)
INCLINE BB BENCH PRESS 3*(10-8-6)
DECLINE BB BENCH PRESS 4*(8)
CABLE CROSSOVERS 3*(12)

STANDING CALF RAISES 3*(20)
LEG PRESS CALF WORK 3*(15)

TUESDAY - BACK AND FOREARMS

DEADLIFTS 5*(5)
BENT OVER T-BAR ROWS 3*(10-8-6)
BENT OVER BB ROWS 4*(8)
LAT PULLDOWNS 4*(8)

FINGER CURLS 3*(12)
REVERSE GRIP FINGER CURLS 3*(12)

WEDNESDAY - REST

THURSDAY - SHOULDERS AND TRAPS

OVERHEAD BB PRESS 3*(10-8-6)
ARNOLD PRESS 3*(10)
DB LATERAL RAISES 3*(10)
UPRIGHT ROWS 2*(12)
SHRUGS 3*(12)

FRIDAY - LEGS AND CALVES

SQUATS 5*(5)
WALKING LUNGES 3*(10)
ROMANIAN DEADLIFTS 4*(8)
LEG EXTENSIONS 2(12)
superset with
LEG CULS 2(12)

DONKEY CALF RAISES 3*(10)

SATURDAY - ARMS

EZ-BAR SKULLCRUSHERS 4*(10-8-8-6)
BB BICEP CURLS 4*(10-8-8-6)
CLOSE GRIP BENCH PRESS 3*(8)
PREACHER BENCH CLOSE GRIP CURLS 3*(8)
ROPE TRICEP EXTENSIONS 2*(12)
DB HAMMER CURLS 2*(12)

critique away guys!
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
This is a mess. Too much anterior shoulder work and not nearly enough posterior. Not enough hamstring work. Hate the extensions and hate even more that they're supersetted. Hate the upright rows. Between them and the leg extensions it's like you are angry at your knees and shoulders. Training frequency is sub-optimal. Everything should be trained twice a week, not just calves. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
You should just read the faq and pick a program from there while eating in a surplus.
Post 3 IP   flag post
cardinal private msg quote post Address this user
I will never understand why arms need an entire day and the entirety of the 'legs' the same. From a physiological perspective, does performing a pushing and pulling motion on the 'chest' and 'back' days respectively not also work the 'arm' muscles? Would it not make sense for both bodybuilders and athletes to think in terms of biomechanical movements as oppose to anatomically dividing the body up?

These are the questions which keep me awake at night.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Eat2Trainn247 private msg quote post Address this user
@Rui16h rather than designing a "bulking" I think it would be appropriate to embark on a hypertrophy-focused training block(s) while eating in a calorie surplus.

Nutrition is going to dictate weight change. Yes, training can impact the energy expenditure side of the equation and specific training techniques can be used to target different muscular/neural adaptations, but ultimately, nutrition will make the major difference for weight change.

With that said, it is very difficult to design an individualized training regimen for anyone, let alone ourselves, as we are often our harshest critics, we over-analyze and fail to acknowledge weak points and areas for growth.

You're best bet is to adapt an already rpoven program to fit your needs/assess your weaknesses or, better yet, hire an experienced coach to do it for you.

My 2 cents
Post 5 IP   flag post
340630 5 5
destitute