Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Power LiftingSplit Advice

Powerlifting16221

Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys, wanted to tickle my own brain for a little bit and see what you guys think to be the best power lifting program that you have ever followed. Im not looking for, oh 5/3/1 made me really strong because i did it the first 6 months i was lifting. Im looking more for an answer on how your body felt during the program, the overall amount of quality progression you made, as well as the intensity of it that made you keep wanting to come back for more.

Spit it at me kids
Post 1 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
Westside-
Start Maxes- did 18~ weeks on this
Squat 215kg
Bench 150kg
Deadlift 225kg

End Maxes
Squat 235kg
Bench 155kg
Deadlift 255kg

Really enjoyed the variety on thisprogramme, but I feel like the specificty would help overall technical development. Felt beat up quite often on this programme as well, but I loved the feeling of handling heavy weights regularly.

Cube Kingpin (did 2 runs of this)
Start Maxes
Squat 235kg
Bench 155kg
Deadlift 255kg

End Maxes
Squat 250kg
Bench 165kg
Deadlift 272.5kg

Body felt beat up a fair bit, but always hit the max reps on the programme, the intensity was high on all days due to the volume, also, the minimum reps were more of a settlement, the hmax recommended reps were always the goal.

Juggernaut- I can't really comment on as I started this post-back injury, but it's helped me significantly build back up again.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks @winnersneverquit that was probably the best answer I could look for
Post 3 IP   flag post
@WinnersNeverQuit do you happen to know where i can get the cube kingpin program at?
Post 4 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@Zyzzst
Candito 6 week program... for more novice lifters.
I ran for nearly 30weeks...

Bench 90kg (TAG) -> 100kg (paused)

Squats: 100kg -> 145kg

Deadlifts: 170kg -> 222.5kg

Bodyweight has gone from 183-188lbs roughly.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
@Zyzzst jtssrrength.com sells it on there.
Post 6 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Wanted to chime in. I've had the most success with 531 but modified so that each of the big 3 lifts are done 2x per week - heavy day and a dynamic day... combined with a calorie surplus and it's possible to make gains.

Monday- Heavy DL + dynamic squats
Tues - Heavy Bench + back
Wed - off
Thurs - Heavy squat + dynamic DL
Fri - Dynamic bench + back

The workouts are short & sweet and the focus is almost exclusively on compound lifts. With the deload week every 4th week it's possible to stay fresh... and the key to making progress is in the caloric surplus.
Post 7 IP   flag post
340764 7 7
destitute