Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
DeloadMisc.Split Advice

How does mental stress affects recovery?16220

Sharkoon1 private msg quote post Address this user
I read that when your body is in a stressfull situation it releases cortisol to compensate the danger. But how does it affect recovery and also immune system or "fat gain"?

Has this anything to do with each other. If I have stressfull days Im feeling a bit more tired, weaker. Is this just placebo or real ?

I didn't find a good answer to this on google unfortunate. Hope someone can give me the correct answer.

Cortisol is synthesized from cholesterol in the adrenal cortex.[16] Its primary function is to increase blood sugar through gluconeogenesis, suppress the immune system and aid in fat and protein metabolism.[17]
Post 1 IP   flag post
jbarr69 private msg quote post Address this user
I think with that fat gain is from eatting more when they get stressed, as they use it for a comfort thing. When my misses used to stress always resorted back to food for comfort.

Just my observation, dont quote me on it. lol
Post 2 IP   flag post
golago private msg quote post Address this user
@Sharkoon1

cortisol is the opposite of insulin ,
when cortisol increase so insulin decrease as u know insulina is the hormone what put the carb protein and fats into the cell.
when u doesnt get glocuse protein and fats to the cell u cant build muscle and recover well .

in addiotional cortisol burn fats cell protein and carb
sometime even transfer protein to glocuse to get energy,

in term of hormone
Reduced growth hormone, and testosterone
Osteoporosis( weak bone) most for woman
Reduced muscle and increased abdominal fat (your body start to get survival mode what take the fat protein and carb from the cell and save them for later energy )
in additional your abdominal has receptor to fats when u are high on cortisol what mean a big belly for some guys
and the last is
Impaired immunity.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Sharkoon1 private msg quote post Address this user
@golago Thanks for clarification
Post 4 IP   flag post
340614 4 4
destitute