Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split AdviceTraining Programs

Average time for workout16168

ArchT private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys.

Whats the average time one has to spend in the gym (dumbells, deadlifts, bench press, squats & cardio)
I think I have been overworking myself lately, resulting in fatique.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Highly individual. Including warm-ups and stretching after, around an hour and fifteen minutes for weights is what average. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
I usually spend around 1.5 hours including warm ups. Actually running through my sets, probably between 45 mins and 1 hour and 15 mins.

How many days a week you go might cause fatigue more than minutes in the gym.
Post 3 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Depends. Haven't really paid attention much to te clock while working ojt lately. But heavy lower body days when all the guys are at the gym wearing gear, etc it's pretty much and all day workout and I bring food for the day. But if I go alone maybe over an hour and a half
Post 4 IP   flag post
Tamere02 private msg quote post Address this user
As long as it takes to get your workout done.

A lot of factors have to do with it e.g
Your routine and the amount of sets.
Rest times + intensity (if your workout is a bunch of heavy singles your going to be longer then if its 4x10 due to the rest required)

And the feeling overworked might be because of you deadlifting, benching, squatting and doing cardio in the same session (if I understood your post correctly)
Post 5 IP   flag post
May be I should break it down...

Monday: 8km jog (50mins) + 1.5hrs of dumbells, deadlifts, squats
Tuesday: 4km treadmill (30mins) + 3 rounds sets of benchpress, dumbells, deadlifts, squats (1.5 hrs)
Wednesday: Rest day
Thursday: I repeat monday
Friday: 3 sets of benchpress, dumbells, deadlifts, squats (1.5 hrs

@Tamere02 might be right, maybe they shouldnt be combined
Post 6 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
@ArchT typically 1hr, 30mins for the 2 main exercises then run through the rest in the last half hour. Will increase them to 1:15 soon When I go down to 2 workouts a week.
Post 7 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
After warming up (10-30m) i can spend up to 2.5 hours. That all depends on what im lifting and if its just me or if im with the guys.

When doing PHAT my lower power day took forever because i was wiped out after my first 2 lifts. When doing stronglifts, i could get in and out in under an hour.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
@SOLARSUPLEX 2.5 hours?! Even the Cube Kingpin workouts only took me 1 1/2

EDIT: aft reading rhors it doesn't seem so bad haha
Post 9 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
@WinnersNeverQuit yeah. Sometimes I really lose my steam and just stretch for long periods between lifts.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
@ArchT What program are you running? Doing 2 days in a row of deads and squats doesn't make sense to me.
Post 11 IP   flag post
JHughes private msg quote post Address this user
At I am around 70-90 minutes from warm up to stretching at end.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Callofthehounds private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
@ArchT What program are you running? Doing 2 days in a row of deads and squats doesn't make sense to me.

This. 2 days in a row seems a little crazy.

But to answer your question, about an hour, hour and a half most days.
Post 13 IP   flag post
dserious111 private msg quote post Address this user
An hour and a half. Anything over that, usually means I added cardio at the end
Post 14 IP   flag post
Kecaldesian private msg quote post Address this user
Like most said it can vary from idividual to individual. I'm usally in there no longer than 1.5hrs after that i loose focus and drive and it's just not worth my time to lift any longer cause I'm not putting 100% in
Post 15 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
I try to keep it to 1 hour, quick intense sessions. But I train 5-6 times a week. If you hit the gym less frequently, then you can train longer.
Post 16 IP   flag post
AndyCap private msg quote post Address this user
40 mins to 1 and half hours for me. i am doing a beginners program though.

ArchT where do you stay in Bots? i used to live there!
Post 17 IP   flag post
GeorgeForeman private msg quote post Address this user
Spending too much time in the gym and not allowing enough time between sessions can result in irritability,sleep disturbances and loss of appetite. So you must follow proper time table for your workout. I m also going to gym and spends 2 hours daily. I need to find a gym buddy to make my workouts more enjoyable.
Post 18 IP   flag post
csizemore21 private msg quote post Address this user
I spend around 45 min with weight and 40 min of warm up and cardio
Post 19 IP   flag post
Thanks guy. It make sense now. Shows iv been doing a lil crazy.
Im not using any programme per se. Guess after losing most of my fat, i got too excited and killed my self.
@AndyCap, I live in Gaborone my man. Why did u leave?
Post 20 IP   flag post
I lived in Jwaneneg, quite close to Kanye, i moved when i went to high school, still miss the place though! Gabs was like a big city to us back then!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Hahahaha @ big city....
Post 22 IP   flag post
cardinal private msg quote post Address this user
Entirely depends. If I don't really need to be there and it isn't part of my programme I'll do 40- 50 minutes of hypertrophy stuff. If it's part of the cube anywhere from 50 minutes to 90 minutes depending on what that day involves. Explosive bench work for example, I'll normally finish within 50 minutes. If other lifters are around and it's a weekend I might take upwards to two hours as we'll sit and chat and I might join them in some oly lifts if I feel like it.

@AndyCap @ArchT Don't ask why but I've always been fascinated by Botswana. It's a pretty rich country (GDP nominal wise) but most people couldn't even place it on a map. Would be interested to know what it's actually like!
Post 23 IP   flag post
@cardinal you better visit for 1st hand experience.
Being rich, i guess u mean relatively. Generally, we arent doing bad as a country. Most people dont know much about BW and some think its part of South Africa.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Botswana is a great country, i cant wait to get back and visit to be honest. The people are a lot friendlier then here in South Africa, and there is a lot less violence from what i hear.

Most of the income when i lived there was from diamonds, but man the beef there is epic. You can get huge steaks that cost a fraction of what they cost elsewhere.

Darn all this talking about Botswana makes me wanna go back, there are some world class game farms/safaris i still need to visit.

Fatshe leno la rona, ke mphoya Modimo.
Post 25 IP   flag post
340733 25 25
destitute