Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingShouldersSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Need help to bring shoulders out16165

anteis99 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys so I'm currently cutting at the moment. I'm roughly around 184lbs right now standing 5 foot 11 inches. I've always had a tough time bringing my shoulders out. I do workout them out but I finally came to the conclusion that I lack the intensity to really work them. I'll post a picture of my most current progress pic. Don't get me wrong when I'm at the gym I try and try but I haven't really come out sore. I'll do heavy compound military, shoulder press dumbbells and I'll do side lats with the dumbbells. This past week I saw a workout regimen from IFBB mens physique Logan Franklin, so he does between 12 to 20 reps for each set 4 to 6 sets per exercise. I applied this on Monday and wow my shoulder began to get sore during the middle of the day. So that's my problem I lack that intensity and I really don't know how to trick the shoulders or even confuse them. Does any more know a great shoulder regimen that can help me with this. Especially the outter side shoulder area
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
You can't trick, confuse, cajole, or otherwise hornswoggle a muscle into growth. That's just nonsense. I wouldn't advise sets of more than 15 if you're looking to grow. Soreness is not an indicator of growth. In my experience, probably 90% of the time three things are at play when it comes to shoulder development: 1) genetics. You can't change the shape of your muscles. Don't bother trying. No exercise or routine can accomplish this. 2) your form on exercises. I see SO many people do shoulder movements incorrectly. I see so many people do movements incorrectly for a lot of body parts actually, but with shoulders it's not difficult to let other muscle groups compensate. 3) your overall routine. Too much shoulder work is often the cause. They can't grow if you're perpetually killing them. Pics? Overall routine? -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
I agree. Soreness isn't an indicator of growth, it more of an indicator of an untrained muscle being introduced to a new workload. Get very good at pressing movements and with a proper diet they will grow. The capped shoulder look comes after you get your BF levels significantly low with a decent build.
I would advise you to stick to a lower rep range. I personally like lower on my compounds to focus on strength and 8-12 for my assessory lifts. I could be wrong but I believe rep ranges of 20 or so have more benefit with those taking certain steroids and HGH (I have nothing against drug use, just saying).
And just so you are aware, the 3D shoulder look is largely BC of the rear delt.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with everything above.

Just to add to the genetics part. People don't often talk about it in the fitness industry, but shoulders are somewhat like calves and abs for some naturals. Guys on roids only complain about not being able to get calves because they often have abnormal delt development, but shoulders can be just as hard.

Honestly, judging by your pics, your delts look good imo.
Post 4 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
Why bench when you can OHP - Manlet Of Peace (Ogus)
Post 5 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Check out defrancos shoulder shocker. I saw it on here a week or so ago and have done it 3 times. Each time it destroys me.

Its really humbling to be using a 25lb plate and 10lb dumbbells and still feel like i got in a good session.
Post 6 IP   flag post
GrizzlyBerg private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
hornswoggle

Lol
Post 7 IP   flag post
@eknight @LVjack yes I totally understand that we can't do too much to it, but I what I'm asking help on best suited exercises to bring my overall shoulder cup out. What in your opinion would help define the cut that links the delt with the bicep and bring the side delt out more.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@SOLARSUPLEX thanks bro I'll check out this post
Post 9 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Shoulder shocker link @SOLARSUPLEX mentions. Looks great

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most.../shoulder_shocker
Post 10 IP   flag post
TyrannosaurusFlex private msg quote post Address this user
Shoulder shocker is brutal for sure. Defo recommend!
Post 11 IP   flag post
340763 11 11
destitute