Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LOLSplit Advice

question for the brothers with giraff arms16135

thephenomenon private msg quote post Address this user
do you seem to have more trouble than the short armed guys with getting the dumbbells up? i watch my arms slowly reach for the ceiling as i push with all my might but once they are locked out it is all easy from there.
Post 1 IP   flag post
csizemore21 private msg quote post Address this user
Lol
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Very poetic.
Post 3 IP   flag post
thephenomenon private msg quote post Address this user
i grip the 65 pound dumbbells and gaze into the mirror examining my blurry reflection, I should of wore my glasses .. no they bother me while working out .. wait why am I worrying about this this is not the time to worry about such small matters. I must get this weight up so I can start repping it out, I kick the big boys back and lean against the incline bench .. the force of my pectoral majors pushes against the iron but it will be a long battle for my wobbly arms have refused to extend to their full potential. I can do this! I have done this before! I feel the courage. The dumbbells levitate towards the ceiling like steam out of a pot .. they are in position.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
* "should have worn"


... And should have spent more time in the classroom instead of the weight room. -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
I bet your English teachers love you.

But in all seriousness, it sounds like you are trying to start your exercise from a locked out position. You should be able to lift the weight to your chest and start from there. If you can't do that, you aren't doing any real reps.
Post 6 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
* "should have worn"


... And should have spent more time in the classroom instead of the weight room. -3X


Come on EK, get with it!


Post 7 IP   flag post
thephenomenon private msg quote post Address this user
i am a poet its incredible, missed the spelling on a few words though

beans how can you start from a locked position with dumbbells don't you have to bring them up?
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephenomenon
i am a poet its incredible, missed the spelling on a few words though


Oh, the irony. -3X
Post 9 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephenomenon
do you seem to have more trouble than the short armed guys with getting the dumbbells up? i watch my arms slowly reach for the ceiling as i push with all my might but once they are locked out it is all easy from there.


@thephenomenon What I'm getting at is if you can't get the dumbbells to your chest and start from there without a huge struggle, you probably aren't completing reps with a full rom. It shouldn't get "easy from there." That's how every rep should feel. You probably need to lower weight to complete good reps.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Callofthehounds private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephenomenon
i grip the 65 pound dumbbells and gaze into the mirror examining my blurry reflection, I should of wore my glasses .. no they bother me while working out .. wait why am I worrying about this this is not the time to worry about such small matters. I must get this weight up so I can start repping it out, I kick the big boys back and lean against the incline bench .. the force of my pectoral majors pushes against the iron but it will be a long battle for my wobbly arms have refused to extend to their full potential. I can do this! I have done this before! I feel the courage. The dumbbells levitate towards the ceiling like steam out of a pot .. they are in position.



I'm done. This was majestic. You win.
Post 11 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callofthehounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephenomenon
i grip the 65 pound dumbbells and gaze into the mirror examining my blurry reflection, I should of wore my glasses .. no they bother me while working out .. wait why am I worrying about this this is not the time to worry about such small matters. I must get this weight up so I can start repping it out, I kick the big boys back and lean against the incline bench .. the force of my pectoral majors pushes against the iron but it will be a long battle for my wobbly arms have refused to extend to their full potential. I can do this! I have done this before! I feel the courage. The dumbbells levitate towards the ceiling like steam out of a pot .. they are in position.



I'm done. This was majestic. You win.


lmao amazing.
Post 12 IP   flag post
340630 12 12
destitute