Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingPHATProgress PicsTeenTraining Log

Lets lose the PHAT - Log16101

FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Do 1 or the Other.. DONT do both.
Post 26 IP   flag post
SnackIt private msg quote post Address this user
@FiremanSi Yupp, i mean this week i will drop calories, and no cardio, but when i stall on 2050 calories i will start doing 300 calorie session 3 times a week i dont wanna drop my calories lower then 2000 max.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@SnackIt Mate u really dont understand dieting if ur gonnna go from no cardio to 3 sessions. ESPECIALLY if ur currently doing 3 sessions..
It's a NUMBERS game.. LOOK at how many cals ur taking in WEEKLY and how many cals ur burning through cardio WEEKLY cause u dont seem to get the daily setup.
Those cals are too low to keep dropping for ur weight.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi Im basically doing no cardio right now, over 4 weeks i have gone from maintenance, dropping calories max 50 a week, my maintenance is as low as 2500 calories, i am eating between 2100-2200 calories a day, this is where i start losing 1 pound a week, above there i don't have any room for error and i will be to close to maintenance. (I put 2050 on myfitnesspal, so i have room if something goes wrong)

Weekly calorie deficit is 3500 calories, i think i explained my self wrong, was writing on my phone, I'm doing no cardio at all, cardio will be added when i can't remove more of my calories, i will not let my self lower then 2000 calories a day, when i stall in 2100-2200 calories i will start to add cardio, i will not go over 3500 weekly deficit even when cardio is added.

All i do is to lift weight, and being a janitor at the gym i workout, and rest of that time i sit on my ass, that why my calorie maintenance is so low, i was bulking on 3000 calories, and that had me at 1 pound a week, 500 calories over maintenance, so I'm pretty sure that my maintenance is so low.

I will not go from no cardio too 3 sessions a week, i will add 1 session if i stall, if thats get the weight loss going I'm sticking to 1, if stall again i will add 1 more session and so on.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@SnackIt Ah I see.. Honestly I'm an advocate of finding a better balance between eating as muhh food as possible and dieting at the same time... Also adding cardio in too of that.
So when u stalk remove cals, at next stall add cardio, next me minus cals... So on until u are doing no more than 4-5sessions per week.
Post 30 IP   flag post

@FiremanSi Thanks for your help bro, i will keep my calories as high as i can, but still make sure I'm in a calorie deficit, i hate cardio lol, and I'm more fan of less calories then more activity :P but the end results will probably be the same if you cut calories from cardio or from food.
Post 31 IP   flag post
So its coming to a end of this week, its been a winter break holiday, and i had birthday, so my diet has sucked, been sticking to my diet 50% and rest have been fucking junk, i feel like shit, but hey, i had birthday and winter break, i just had to let go of the diet for a week.

But from tomorrow i will do everything to stick to my diet for 3 months, with 1 cheat meal a day.
Post 32 IP   flag post
After working on mobility, squat form and stretching my squat increased from 3 set on 198 pounds for 4 reps to 3 set of 242 pounds of 4 reps, in just 3 weeks.

Im pretty shocked how my mobility was limiting my squat.

Anyway, when you do squats, what speed should i use for my squat? right now i go down to parallel, then explode up as fast as i can, before my mobility work i couldn't explode up at all, i was just stuck in the hole, are you supposed to explode up without stopping up in the hole? or do you go straight up and explode when you hit pararell
Post 33 IP   flag post
If u stop its called paused squats mate...
Ur trying to get the stretch reflex to work best for u so explode out of the hole.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Probarly a stupid question, I'm in an average of 500 calorie deficit a day, would i be set back if i share a pizza with my girlfriend once a week, calories will probably be at maintenance that day.
Post 35 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Enjoy yourself. Have pizza once a week.
Post 36 IP   flag post
@SnackIt Are u competin ?? also what BF u at ??
Post 37 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi No, not competing, but i have a goal to do that sometime in my life.

Around 18 bodyfat i belive, not higher then 20.
Post 38 IP   flag post
3six9 private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck with your goal fella. Tbh your starting cals seem very low and so does your fat intake.
Post 39 IP   flag post
@SnackIt Then enjoy urself man every now and again thats perfectly fine.
Do what i did on a cut and knowing there would be a cheat meal coming add 1 or 2 extra LISS cardio sessions in during the week or during the following week. DONE.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Finally broke the fat loss stall and I'm losing weight, I'm even getting stronger.

My brain is little confused right now, i have a lot of friends who workout, dieting, etc, but they all seem to follow all this fucking brosience, telling me that i can't get shredded with only a calorie deficit and coating macros, that i can't eat carbs before bed, that i can't eat over 100 carbs and get shredded, i don't believe in that, i believe in hitting my macros, calories and fiber, and that its all about the deficit to get shredded, my goal is to reach 10% body fat, i have never ever been that lean before, but is it enough to just hit my macros and calories to get down to that body fat? no need for low carbs, carb cycling, high rep training, and all that i see as brosience, so is it all about calorie deficit and macros to get down to 10 body fat? is it enough, nothing more to it?

I don't even know why the hell i ask that question when i don't believe in it, but having friends who talk all that shit i don't believe in while cutting, it mind fucks me sometimes.
Post 41 IP   flag post
@SnackIt I did it for 4.5months and at the end I only had 2/3 cardio sessions/week... And I was still only in a 500cal deficit max. I got 2 10-11% also.
It's absolutely possible
Post 42 IP   flag post
Down 8 pounds now, can see a little difference, the love handles is soon gone, and i have vains on my bicep when i workout, something i haven't had in a long time.

Is it harder to see visual results when you go from like 20 to 15 body fat? that it is easier to see visuals effect when you go from 15 to 10 body fat instead?

Right now I'm soft all over really, and very flat in the morning, but my engery is great and I'm even getting stronger.

Is it normal to get little bloat, and saggy when you lose weight, like my fat is not hard anymore, but more squishy?
Post 43 IP   flag post
Bumping my last question
Post 44 IP   flag post
@SnackIt What's ur macros at ??
Post 45 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi 2100 calories - 210g carbs, 175g protein and 56g fat, around 35g fiber.
Post 46 IP   flag post
@SnackIt Sweet jesus those cals are low. From what i've found personally and on the internet most will advocate a higher protein rate when cutting !! i normally go for 1.1g/lb roughly.. works out well so u'd be hitting 200g protein for 180lb bodyweight... i also wouldn't advise less than 60g of fat... kind distroys ur carbs but ur cals are too low as it is.
Post 47 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi Thanks bro, im still working om finding my calorie deficit spot, i will up the calories, and add them into protein and fat.
Post 48 IP   flag post
@SnackIt Just add some LISS in to account for more calories if u have to i know i prefer higher cals and 2-3cardios a week when dieting as opposed to zero cardio and low cals.
Post 49 IP   flag post
I know that weight loss is not linear, but my weight loss normally comes in sudden drops, it can go like 2 weeks without weight loss, and bang there i lost 2 pounds the next week, then stops and so on, i normally weight my self every monday, but sometimes more often while tracking it on happy scale app, like i went from 81.4 kg to 80.4 in 5 days, and three days later i was 80.9 kg, it goes up and down, but my every monday weight ins nearly always end up in a weight loss, so im getting lower every week, but some times i belive water weight and all that hinder me to see results on the scale sometimes

This is how i have dropped weight over 10 weeks:

Week1: 83.6 kg (3000 calories)
Week2: 84.1 kg (3000 calories)
Week3: 83.7 kg (2800 calories)
Week4: 83.8 kg (2600 calories)
Week5: 82.2 kg (2500 calories)
Week6: 82.1 kg (2500 calories)
Week7: 82.1 kg (2500 calories)
Week8: 82.4 kg (2500 calories)
Week9: 81.4 kg (2100 calories )
Week10: 80.9 kg (2100 calories)

Looks like my maintenace is around 2500-2600 calories, and the two weeks at 2100 calories im actually losing weight per week without sudden drops, why does sudden drops in weight happen like this?
Post 50 IP   flag post
@SnackIt Personally I never cut more than 100cals/week it's unnecessary !! Too much and surprised u weren't crazy hungry on top of that.
I'd also add cardio in before going NEAR 2500.. I'd be doing 2-3sessions/week at this point before lowering anymore.
Post 51 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi I find it little strange that I'm not hungry on 2100 calories, but my maintenance is not high, and I'm not an active person, on rest day I'm just relaxing, usually don't do a shit, i get hungry before bed sometimes on training days.

Is there any benefits from carb cycling? like less carbs on rest days? when you did your cut, did your weight loss sometime just go like 2 weeks without any weight loss, then over night you sudden drop weight? seems to happen often that i drop 1-2 pounds over night after an stall.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Is 6 week of cutting enough to lower my maintenance calories? I'm just not happy with the rate of weight loss I'm at, and at 2000-2100 calories i should be losing more, and not stall every fucking two weeks...
Post 53 IP   flag post
Tamere02 private msg quote post Address this user
@SnackIt
Try weighing yourself everyday and getting an average for the week, relying on one day a week is unreliable imo (from what I take it you weigh in every Monday?)

Regarding your nothing lost for a few weeks than a sudden weight lose, im going to say WATER WEIGHT. I assume your reduction in kcals (again I noticed you reduce them by quite a bit on a regular basis) is mainly carbs which when you lower you also tend to lose water weight with. Now not saying this is the case but maybe you lose a bit of fat and the rest is water weight for week 1. Week 2 you lose some fat but your hydration has stabilised so the number on the scale which appears is pretty much the same as the week before.
Post 54 IP   flag post
340764 54 29
destitute