Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingPHATProgress PicsTeenTraining Log

Lets lose the PHAT - Log16101

SnackIt private msg quote post Address this user
Info
I have never been lower then 15 body fat, so this summer i wanna reach 10-12 body fat before the 15 june, I'm going on a vacation with my girlfriend at that time, so thats my goal and motivation for this cut, i have around 22 pounds to lose in 12-14 weeks, so i will be aiming for 1.5 pound loss a week, and do everything i can to keep as much muscle mass i can, is 1.5 pounds a week a chance of big muscle loss? my plan is to do an daily calorie deficit of 600 calories, and i will do 3 cardio sessions a week burring 350 calories per session, thats puts me at an weekly deficit of 5250 calories.

Stats:
Weight: 181 pounds (82.3kg)
Height: 5"8
Bodyfat: I think I'm around 20 body fat.

Maintenace calories 2500-2600 ( I believe higher end)

Starting macros:
Calories: 2200 - 2300
Carbs: 275g
Protein: 165g
Fat: 50g

Goal macros: (Hoping to reach it in 2 weeks, 600 deficit)
Calories: 2000
Carbs: 250g
Protein: 150g
Fat: 45g

Best lifts: (1RM)
Bench: 95 kg (210 pounds)
Deadlift: 140 kg (310 pounds)
Squat: 105 kg (230 pounds)
OHP: 58 kg (127 pounds)

I will be running Phat with this template:
Upper Power
Lower Power
Push
Pull
Legs
Post 1 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Ohhh boy....
Post 2 IP   flag post
@wannabemuscular I knew you be the first one to comment lol, i have switched gym, and i wanted a fresh log for my cut, making it more suitable for my goal, i will be focusing on re-learning and rebuilding my squat, hope i can start fresh without taking to much shit for spinning my wheel, for the last 4 weeks i actually stick to my plan without messing with it, and that what I'm going to do for the rest of the year.

Finally I'm finding lifting fun and healthy again.
Post 3 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
"rest of the year"??? Just get through the month dude. Hahaha!
Post 4 IP   flag post
@wannabemuscular I see why you are skeptic lol, i got an very mild form of autism, and bodybuilding is my thing/hobby, so i can get very intense on learning more and more about it, and end up with to much info at time, making me trying to figure out the magic routine, diet etc, so i have decided to stop reading articles, and just stick to the basic, if i gonna read, it will probably be things posted by Layne Norton.

Hope this explains something, its probably hard to see how someone can make things so fucking complicated, i feel pretty bad every time someone notice why I'm asking so much lol, and spinning my wheel.
Post 5 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
god damn 45g fat would kill me. Goodluck with the cut dude.
Post 6 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
I don't even.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Sharkoon1 private msg quote post Address this user
Try meditate will help to allow your mind to calm down. It looks like you confuse yourself alot more. I have had a problem like you aswell but since I'm doing meditations and get more self awareness over my mind and body I'm confident in what I'm doing!

You need to start taking control of your mind. You are tricking yourself and spinning in circles. There are different ways to approach this try meditation first of all its a good start.

You harm yourself alot by thinking to much wich will pretty much burn you out by now or in the future. Overthinking makes you tired and will prevent you from reaching your goals. It can also develop different other problems so i would suggest you to take that as your goal.
Post 8 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
I told you about dem fats.
Post 9 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
45g of fat is too low brother. well at least for me
Post 10 IP   flag post
csizemore21 private msg quote post Address this user
1.5 a week and your gonna loose muscle
Post 11 IP   flag post
true
Post 12 IP   flag post
id do it slow brother like .5 ive cut before and did a stupid deficit with barely any carbs it made me end up looking skinny fat. no bueno
Post 13 IP   flag post
I will be skipping legs for two days, recovering from a groin strain, so i do two upper body sessions instead, i just can't sit at home not doing anything, also adding limber 11 everyday and agile 8 before workouts as leg day warm up, i follow the same exercises as PHAT but i do chest first and back after that, its just how i like to do it.

Last weeks workout:

9/2/2015
Upper Power:
Bench: 3x187, 3x187, 3x187
OHP: 3x121, 3x121, 3x121
Incline DB Press: 6x77, 6x77
BB Row: 5x143, 5x143, 5x143
Rack chins: 10/9/8 no weight.
Pulldown: 10x143, 8x143, 8x143
Dips: 8x33, 8x33, 6x33
BB Curl: 12x55, 12x55, 12x55

10/2/2015
Push hypertrophy/speed work:
Bench: 6 set of 3 reps on 132 pounds.
Incline DB Press: 8x70, 10x70, 8x70
Chest Press: 12x154, 8x154, 6x154 (To heavy on last set)
Lateral raises: 15x26, 12x26, 12x26
Skullcrushers: 12x44, 10x44, 10x44
Rope pushdown: 12x33, 12x33, 12x33

11/2/2015
Pull hypertrophy:
T Row: 10x154, 10x154, 10x154, 10x154
Rack Chins: 12/9/6 no weight
Seated Row: 12x132, 11x132, 10x132
Close grip pulldown: 12x132, 9x121, 8x121
Shrugs: 66x12 on every 3 set
Db Curl: 10x26, 8x26, 8x22
Spider Curls: 15x30, 10x30, 14x12 forced rep.

13/2/2015
Upper Power:
Bench: 4x187, 4x187, 4x187, and pr set of 7x187
OHP: 4x121, 4x121, 4x121, also sat an new pr of 5x121
Incline DB Press: 8x77, 5x82 (new pr on last set)
BB Row: 5x145, 5x145, 5x145, 5x145
Rack chins: 10/8/7 no weight.
Pulldown: 10x143, 8x143, 8x143
Dips: 10x33, 7x33, 6x33
BB Curl: 12x55, 12x55, 12x55
Post 14 IP   flag post
I weighted myself on monday, down to 181 pounds from 184 pounds (3 pounds lost total) , raising my macros to 2200 calories, that will be added to fat (Thanks to FireMan) because I'm losing to fast, i will limit my self to 1 pound max.

16/2/2015:
Upper Power:
Bench: 5x187, 5x187, 5x187 (adding weight next time)
OHP: 5x121, 4x121, 5x121
Incline DB Press: 4x82, 7x77 (to heavy on the first set)
BB Row: 5x147, 5x147, 5x147, 5x147
Rack chins: 10/10/9 no weight.
Pulldown: 10x132, 10x132, 10x132
Dips: 10x33, 8x33, 6x33
BB Curl: 10x66, 8x66, 9x66

And i did 20 min of HIIT cardio burning 200 calories.
Post 15 IP   flag post
now stick with it until you reach where you want to be and set a new goal you can do it bro consistencY is the key
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Sharkoon1 Will definitely do bro, i have lifted without having a goal in my mind, but this time i do, and i feel so much more motivated and I'm working my self towards a goal, thats feels so much better.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Did an push workout today, will do pull tomorrow and post both, macros for today: 2179 calories, 241g carbs, 177g protein and 54g fat, also had a 40 min walk to the gym today, burning around 150 calories.

Its strange, but i don't feel hungry when I'm cutting, anyone else have it the same way? i feel like I'm eating to much, even if I'm just eating 2200 calories, hoping for 1 pound loss this week, how long should i maintain a 1 pound loss a week before lowering it? or is 1 pound fine to loss to i reach 10 body fat? i don't want to risk to much muscle mass.
Post 18 IP   flag post
i weight my self twice a week, on mondays and thursdays, down 0.2 pounds since monday, i feel like that my maintenance is lower then 2600, more towards 2500 calories, the only thing i really do is to lift, keeping the calories the same for the rest of the week, then i drop around 50-100 calories if I'm not losing my 1 pound goal.

Is it any benefit in carb cycling? vs normal 30p/50c/20f every day, the end result will basically be the same right? i see that carb cycling is still popular, but whats the point if its not any benefit in it at all.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackIt
Did an push workout today, will do pull tomorrow and post both, macros for today: 2179 calories, 241g carbs, 177g protein and 54g fat, also had a 40 min walk to the gym today, burning around 150 calories.

Its strange, but i don't feel hungry when I'm cutting, anyone else have it the same way? i feel like I'm eating to much, even if I'm just eating 2200 calories, hoping for 1 pound loss this week, how long should i maintain a 1 pound loss a week before lowering it? or is 1 pound fine to loss to i reach 10 body fat? i don't want to risk to much muscle mass.

I guess you should maintain a 1 pound loss per weak until you won't loose anymore 1 pound per week . But don't panic if you won't loose any for 1 week , wait about 2-3 weeks sometimes there is weight fluctation and also called the "flush" effect. Keep your calories like that now and watch your weight for 2 weeks. Don't change it up again or you will never know bro. I don't think there is any advantage of doing carb cycling, maybe in hunger but that's it. Just keep doing what you are doing now.

Look at the situation like this, you are in a deficit you lose fat no matter what happens. IF you finish your cut 2 days earlier or 5 days later doesn't matter, you will reach your goal anyways. All these small adjustmenst do not matter at all in the long run.

And about the hungry, It's good that you are not hungry. When i cut down, (from fat time) i wasn't hungry aswell for some time i thought i was eating to much. Hunger doesn't have anything to do with losing fat. It has more to do with neural effect's in your brain hunger is just an illusion most of the time
Post 20 IP   flag post
TrenNorton private msg quote post Address this user
In! Glad someone is using my system
Post 21 IP   flag post
What would you guys do if my weight have not moved for 2 weeks? its strange because i weight my food, and everything, and I'm eating 2200 calories + 3 cardio sessions for 200 calories, but i don't lose weight, my maintenance is around 2500 calories, so I'm in a deficit, am i probably miss calculating and eating more then i think? should i drop 100 calories and see if the weight goes down?

I got a big problem guys, when i squat, and i go down to parallel squat or lower, i got an pain in my groin/hip area, this don't happen when i don't go parallel, should i stop squatting to low? and bend down as far i can without getting to the point where i feel the pain?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackIt
What would you guys do if my weight have not moved for 2 weeks? its strange because i weight my food, and everything, and I'm eating 2200 calories + 3 cardio sessions for 200 calories, but i don't lose weight, my maintenance is around 2500 calories, so I'm in a deficit, am i probably miss calculating and eating more then i think? should i drop 100 calories and see if the weight goes down?

I got a big problem guys, when i squat, and i go down to parallel squat or lower, i got an pain in my groin/hip area, this don't happen when i don't go parallel, should i stop squatting to low? and bend down as far i can without getting to the point where i feel the pain?

Anyone with some advice for me?
Post 23 IP   flag post
I never do cardio sessions for less than 350-450cals... So I'd start there.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi Thanks, might be smart to bump the calories i burn to 350 calories 3 times a week.

Will drop 100 calories and do more calories to see if i start to lose weight, i believe that i have been coating some macros wrong, that when i have added it to myfitnesspal, i have probably eaten more then 2200 calories, so will drop to 2050 calories on myfitnesspal. (That will probably be around 2200 calories in reality)

Starting tomorrow with this macros: 2050 calories, 231g carbs, 154g protein and 57g fat, 45/30/25

Anyone knows some good books to read about fat loss? and how to get lean, i mean i know how, but something with a lot of great info beside the basic.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Do 1 or the Other.. DONT do both.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi Yupp, i mean this week i will drop calories, and no cardio, but when i stall on 2050 calories i will start doing 300 calorie session 3 times a week i dont wanna drop my calories lower then 2000 max.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@SnackIt Mate u really dont understand dieting if ur gonnna go from no cardio to 3 sessions. ESPECIALLY if ur currently doing 3 sessions..
It's a NUMBERS game.. LOOK at how many cals ur taking in WEEKLY and how many cals ur burning through cardio WEEKLY cause u dont seem to get the daily setup.
Those cals are too low to keep dropping for ur weight.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi Im basically doing no cardio right now, over 4 weeks i have gone from maintenance, dropping calories max 50 a week, my maintenance is as low as 2500 calories, i am eating between 2100-2200 calories a day, this is where i start losing 1 pound a week, above there i don't have any room for error and i will be to close to maintenance. (I put 2050 on myfitnesspal, so i have room if something goes wrong)

Weekly calorie deficit is 3500 calories, i think i explained my self wrong, was writing on my phone, I'm doing no cardio at all, cardio will be added when i can't remove more of my calories, i will not let my self lower then 2000 calories a day, when i stall in 2100-2200 calories i will start to add cardio, i will not go over 3500 weekly deficit even when cardio is added.

All i do is to lift weight, and being a janitor at the gym i workout, and rest of that time i sit on my ass, that why my calorie maintenance is so low, i was bulking on 3000 calories, and that had me at 1 pound a week, 500 calories over maintenance, so I'm pretty sure that my maintenance is so low.

I will not go from no cardio too 3 sessions a week, i will add 1 session if i stall, if thats get the weight loss going I'm sticking to 1, if stall again i will add 1 more session and so on.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@SnackIt Ah I see.. Honestly I'm an advocate of finding a better balance between eating as muhh food as possible and dieting at the same time... Also adding cardio in too of that.
So when u stalk remove cals, at next stall add cardio, next me minus cals... So on until u are doing no more than 4-5sessions per week.
Post 30 IP   flag post
340630 54 30
destitute