Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Diet AdviceIntroductionNewbieProgress PicsSupplementsTraining Programs

newbie not sure where to go now.16088

LordOtakuSenpai private msg quote post Address this user
Whats up gang. I'm 21 145 pounds and somewhat new to the gym. Always had a problem putting on weight and was super skinny. Gained some weofht over the last few years but Ive been working out seriously for about 4 months now. Mostly workouts i found on bodybuilding and drinking mad protein. Ive put on about 10 pounds in the past 4 months. Put up a few pictures to show some of the progress and my current standing. My biggest goal is to get abs before summer. I just dont wanna lose any of my progress by trying to burn fat and get skinnier again just not sure what kind of program or eating habits I should be going by.im not sure if its because j need to work abs more...or burn more fat. Dont really know my percentage since im deployed right now. Anyway any help would be very appreciated!

Post 1 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
If you eat your protein from meat sources instead of drinking protein shakes you will get better results.
You need to lose more fat to see your abs.
Good luck. For what its worth your future self will thank you if you just worry about getting stronger and adding muscle mass to your frame. But to each their own, everyone has a look in their head of what they would like to look like.
Post 2 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
You're not going to have abs by summer. You don't have any abs now so even shedding fat will expose nothing. You need to build up the muscle.

Put down the protein shakes and eat Animals. Go to the supermarket and buy LOTS of food.

Read here to learn what your calorie requirements are then add like 800 to that.

http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/13958/simply-shredded-faq---read-before-posting/
Post 3 IP   flag post
LordOtakuSenpai private msg quote post Address this user
I'm deployed right now so it's really hard to get my protein source to be animal. The chow hall is pretty lame. Thanks for the advice. I'll try and do my best to get my protein from food.
Post 4 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
@LordOtakuSenpai do the best you can with the diet thing. I agree with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVjack
Good luck. For what its worth your future self will thank you if you just worry about getting stronger and adding muscle mass to your frame.

Skinny guy with abs = who cares. So I would focus on adding size, getting stronger, etc. This will make it easier for you to cut later.

What is your split like?
Post 5 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
Skinny guy with abs are the same as a fat chick with boobs, doesn't count.
Post 6 IP   flag post
GetFitGoFigure private msg quote post Address this user
yep, I agree... get some size... get in that protein. My husband has your body type. He has to get in enough protein and lift regularly to maintain a medium build type muscular physique, otherwise he starts loosing weight. I suggest, getting in your extra protein how ever you can and just eat and lift like a beast. check out a macro calculator like IIFYM.com so you can at least eye ball what you are getting in. Carbs are also important for muscle building.

and LVjack.. what about skinny girls with no boobs... that doesn't count either? dammit!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetFitGoFigure
yep, I agree... get some size... get in that protein. My husband has your body type. He has to get in enough protein and lift regularly to maintain a medium build type muscular physique, otherwise he starts loosing weight. I suggest, getting in your extra protein how ever you can and just eat and lift like a beast. check out a macro calculator like IIFYM.com so you can at least eye ball what you are getting in. Carbs are also important for muscle building.

and LVjack.. what about skinny girls with no boobs... that doesn't count either? dammit!

no no no, that's okay. you're beautiful <3
Post 8 IP   flag post
340617 8 8
destitute