Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ChestDiet AdviceProgress PicsProgress Update

An assessment of some pictures16041

stranger private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Guys!

Man, I've been enjoying reading along all of the threads here. It feels great to learn something everyday!

So I would like to ask for your opinions on some pictures; the first one being from august 2014, and the other being from today. It seems like there is no progress going on, even though I've gained like 6 kilos or something. I just still feel flat chested, and kinda skinny (I've made some progress during the last two years, but it seems to me, that I have to struggle to get where I want to be). Anyway I sincerely hope that you would give some constructive input, as I feel the need to have some advice :S

I want to stress the fact, that I am not proud of whatever I have achieved, as I dont see nor feel a difference. Hope to hear from you!

Here they are:

Post 1 IP   flag post
Forgot to mention, that I tried to replicate the picture from august with the same light, angle, position etc.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Sharkoon1 private msg quote post Address this user
i think for good advise it would be better to maybe post up training experience lifting numbers and program right now . Mybe height weight aswell
Post 3 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
nice perfume
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkoon1
i think for good advise it would be better to maybe post up training experience lifting numbers and program right now . Mybe height weight aswell

This^

Goals? Diet? Can't really go further or give much advice without knowing what you WANT. We could go on and on about what we would implement in our days if we had your body for OUR goals, but you want advice for your goals hence - more info plox.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hey guys

Sorry for the lack of information.

My overall goal is just to attain a nice physique. I've always had some kind of issue with my chest, as I was really really really flat-chested and odd looking before I started working out (not that I am satisfied now). I've been working out on and off for 2 years, but for the last 1 year I've been really consistent with everything, as good as I could.
When I started working out, my weight was 67 kg. I am now 82 kg.

My bulking is consisting of approximately 3350-3400 cals per day

I would have something like

190 gr protein
420 gr carbs
85-90 gr fat

These are just rough estimates, and it would vary . As stated earlier I've gained 6 kg, and went from 76,5 kg (I think) to a good 82 kg right now.

I do workout 3-5 times per week, depending on time etc. When its possible I try to hit my chest twice at week, as this concerns me the most.

My current chest program looks like this

3 sets of flat dumbbell press (12 reps, with maximum weights)
3 sets of flat flyes (10 reps, low weights)
3 sets of wide push ups (10 reps).

Those three exercises are done as supersets, with 2 min. break in between. So I would do a set of flat dumbbel press, and then immediately the flyes, and immediately the push ups. Then 2 min. break and on again.

Next I do:

4 sets wide barbell bench press (10 reps, medium weights)
4 sets of dips (10 - 12 reps)
4 sets of chest press machine (12 reps, as high as I can go)
Post 6 IP   flag post
lolssons private msg quote post Address this user
To me you have made pretty nice gains 6kilos and not to much fatter = nice progress. But what ever try out different rep ranges. Do some work in the 1-5 ranges and some of 12-20 incorporate rest pauses do something different
Post 7 IP   flag post
csizemore21 private msg quote post Address this user
You should probably focus on progressive overload instead of supersets lol
Post 8 IP   flag post
csizemore21 private msg quote post Address this user
And different ranges like lol said
Post 9 IP   flag post
Sharkoon1 private msg quote post Address this user
What about legs and back ? That's not a routine that's just a bunch of exercises put together for chest??!

Also 190 protein is a bit overkill on 80 kg
Post 10 IP   flag post
Hey guys!

I thank you for your replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csizemore21
You should probably focus on progressive overload instead of supersets lol

I'll try to implement that to my workouts next week!Quote:
Originally Posted by lolssons
To me you have made pretty nice gains 6kilos and not to much fatter = nice progress. But what ever try out different rep ranges. Do some work in the 1-5 ranges and some of 12-20 incorporate rest pauses do something different

Thanks man! I just cant see it. Its nice to have some views on it, since I've put alot of work into this project of mine :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkoon1
What about legs and back ? That's not a routine that's just a bunch of exercises put together for chest??!

Also 190 protein is a bit overkill on 80 kg

I do legs, back, shoulder and arms as well! I just emphasised the chest workout, as an example of one of my focus-areas.
Post 11 IP   flag post
340764 11 11
destitute